The AMVC96 is a two-stage gas furnace with variable speeds and a stainless steel heat exchanger. It holds up against some of the top furnaces in Canada, it comes with a fantastic warranty, and it could be eligible for financing and rebates.
This Amana AMVC96 model review will cover all the important specs about the furnace. We’ll talk about the burner and blower type, additional features, price ranges, warranty coverage, cool technology, and more. And to help you make a decision about what furnace is right for your upgrade, we’ll also compare the AMVC96 to three other Amana models.
About the AMVC96
Average Price (installed): $5,000 to $5,600
- Works with the CoolCloud App, connecting the furnace to technicians’ phones or tablets for fast and accurate diagnostics
- ComfortBridge integrated technology improves performance and increases indoor comfort
- Backed by a generous warranty
- Has a secondary heat exchanger for less fuel waste and better efficiency
- Many features designed to deliver quiet operation
- Equipped with an LED fault code display for faster diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Offers continuous air circulation for increased filtration and air movement
- Has low nitrogen oxide emissions
The Bottom Line
The AMVC96 is a great blend of price, warranty, and useful features. This mid-range unit has some cool technologies to help regulate your home’s heat while delivering energy-efficient operation.
The two-stage operation and variable-speed blower mean this model will provide consistent, even, and quiet heat throughout your house, and it’ll be better at managing humidity than a single-stage furnace.
Furthermore, the two-stage operation, 96 percent AFUE, and ENERGY STAR certification mean you might be able to save on the purchase price through rebates.
In Depth Review
Amana AMVC96 Product Specifications:
- AFUE: 96 percent
- Burner type: Two-stage
- Blower type: Variable-speed
- ENERGY STAR certified: Yes
- BTU input: 40,000 to 120,000
- BTU output: 38,400 to 115,200
- Sub-models available: 0403BNA, 0603BNA, 0804CNA, 1005CNA, 1205DNA
Cool Cloud Technology
The CoolCloud app allows technicians to connect directly to your furnace, saving them time and you money on assessments, service calls, and installation. Moreover, contractors can add notes to the system any time they do maintenance to keep a repair history that could make future diagnostics even easier.
ComfortBridge revolutionizes the output and effectiveness of your unit by collecting data and creating algorithms. Those algorithms are then applied to your heat output to keep your home at the optimal temperature while conserving energy. Here are some of the benefits of this technology:
- Allows your thermostat to connect and communicate with major components in the furnace
- Continuously monitors performance for optimal comfort and efficiency
- Has smartphone-compatible controls
- Integrates with most thermostats, reducing installation problems
- Constantly updates to keep your home warm for less
Other Key Features
- Noise reduction features, including a fully insulated cabinet and variable fan speeds
- Has a control panel outfitted with self-diagnostics
- When problems occur, the LED fault code display points you in the direction of the right fix
- Has a thermally insulated cabinet that’s quieter, has improved heat transfer, and has less air leakage
- Silicon nitride ignitor replaces a fuel-wasting pilot light that could prevent the furnace from producing heat when it malfunctions
- Multiple and versatile installation options
- Has a durable primary and secondary heat exchanger
This Amana model comes with a 10-year limited parts warranty and a lifetime unit replacement warranty. This means that if the heat exchanger on the furnace gives out, Amana will offer a new furnace instead of a heat exchanger repair or replacement.
If the warranty is important to you, then make sure you register your Amana furnace within 60 days of installation. Registration doesn’t take much time and you can do it on Amana’s website, and it ensures you’re eligible for these full warranty terms.
Comparable Models by Amana
Amana has a wide selection of quality furnace models at a range of prices. If you’re looking for a more cost-effective unit, a comparable unit, or a premium unit, then have a look at the in-depth model reviews for the following furnaces.
Model Comparison by Price: AMVC96 versus AMES96-U
The AMES96-U is in a similar price range to the AMVC96, but because it only has a single-stage burner, it will cost a little less than the AMVC96.
There are some pros and cons to choosing the AMES96-U over the AMVC96, so let’s look at the AMES96-U’s key features:
- It’s an ultra-low nitrogen oxide emissions furnace, making it a solid choice for environmentally conscious consumers
- It only has a single-stage burner, so it won’t be as effective at heating your home or keeping it at the right temperature, especially if it’s a larger house
- It has a less efficient multi-speed blower motor
- It doesn’t have the ComfortBridge technology or CoolCloud HVAC app
Model Comparison by Features: AMVC96 vs. AMVM97
The AMVM97 is a premium model, so it has a few features and benefits that the AMVC96 doesn’t.
For example, the AMVM97 is a modulating, variable-speed furnace, so it’s going to be one of the most efficient furnaces on the market and deliver some of the best performance. It’s also going to be quieter, more powerful, and better at eliminating cold spots.
The premium model also has an additional lifetime heat exchanger warranty, and it could be eligible for even more rebates because of the burner style and 98 percent AFUE.
Model Comparison by Tier – AMVC96 versus AMES96
The AMES96 is in the same mid-range tier as the AMVC96, and while it’s a more affordable furnace, it’s lacking some of the features that make the AMVC96 appealing.
The AMES96 is a single-stage, multi-speed furnace, so it’s not as powerful and not as well-equipped to keep your home warm through cold Canadian winters. It might be sufficient, however, if you live in a smaller home or warmer climate.
It also doesn’t have the ComfortBridge technology or CoolCloud app, so the performance might not be on par with the AMVC96.