Trane S9V2 Review
- AFUE:Up to 96%
- ENERGY STAR ®:ENERGY STAR
- Burner Type:Multiport Inshot
- Blower Type:Variable-Speed
- Price:$4665 - $5830
- BTU Output:25220 - 75660
In a NutshellAverage Price (installed): $2800 – $4500
- Vortica II Blower
- Comfort-R technology
- Self-diagnostic microelectronic control
The Bottom LineIf you’re looking for a gas furnace that features some of the latest technology, a reliable build and an impressive AFUE rating (96%) the S9V2 might be the one for your home. With Trane’s acceptable warranty options and durable construction, you can rest assured that this unit will keep your home comfortably warm for many years to come.
In Depth ReviewProduct Specifications:
- Sub-models available: S9V2B040U3PSAA, S9V2B060U3PSAA, S9V2B060U4PSAA, S9V2B080U3PSAA, S9V2B080U4PSAA, S9V2C080U5PSAA, S9V2C100U4PSAA, S9V2C100U5PSAA, S9V2D120U5PSAA, S9V2B040D3PSAA, S9V2B060D3PSAA, S9V2B080D3PSAA, S9V2B080D4PSAA, S9V2C100D4PSAA, S9V2C100D5PSAA, S9V2D120D5PSAA
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 26,000-78,000 (1st stage) 40,000-120,000 (2nd stage)
- BTU output: 25,220-75,660 (1st stage) 38,8000-116,400 (2nd stage)
- ENERGY STAR certified
Vortica II BlowerThe Vortica II Blower is exclusively available from Trane. It’s designed to distribute air flow through your home as quietly as possible – described as a “whisper” by Trane themselves. The Vortica II blower is also one of the most efficient blowers available in the industry and is one of the reasons this unit achieved the impressive AFUE rating of 96%.
Comfort-R TechnologyComfort-R technology is an additional feature that helps you control the humidity levels in your home to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible. It also allows for the furnace to start-up and shutdown in such a way that lowers the decibel level, meaning it’s as quiet as possible, improves energy efficiency and allows for a more thorough circulation of heat around your home.
Self-Diagnostic Microelectronic ControlThe self-diagnostic microelectronic control that’s incorporated into this furnace monitors the status of the unit to diagnose any faults or problems and help an engineer service the furnace should any problems arise.
Other Key Features
- Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter
- Certified to be airtight to less than 1%