Payne PG92S Review
AFUE:Up to 92%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Single Stage
Blower Type:Single Speed
Price:$3,250 - $4,375
BTU Output:37,000 - 112,000
The Payne PG92S is a single-stage operation, reliable gas furnace that has an AFUE rating of 90.1%. This robust and efficient machine provides comfort and efficient heating at very cost-effective price points. Its installation is simple as it can run at line voltage, which means no complex voltage regulators are required.
This model comes with excellent warranties, offering you get more value for money. If you are looking for an economical and energy-efficient gas furnace, the Payne PG92S is one to consider.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $2,900
- AFUE: 92.1%
- BTU input: 40,000-120,000
- BTU output: 37,000-112,000
- HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel system compatible
- Compatible thermostat: heat/cool
The Bottom Line
An energy-efficient gas furnace that has a quiet operation and is perfect for small homes or apartments. If you don’t plan on staying in your current home for a very long time, this furnace is a great, cost-effective solution. It’s a no-frills system that functions efficiently and provides a good return on investment.
- Single Stage, Fixed Speed PSC compressor
- Primary heat exchanger made of aluminized steel; SS secondary heat exchanger.
- Soft-mounted blower and inducer motor
- High-temperature limit control prevents overheating
Other Key Features
- Approved for Mobile Home/Manufactured Housing applications with the MH accessory kit
- Stores fault codes during power outages
- 4-Way Multipoise Design- there is one model for all applications
- Fixed-speed blower motor and single-stage operation provides even levels of comfort and temperature control
- The aluminized steel, clamshell-type primary heat exchanger has been re-engineered to achieve much greater efficiency out of a significantly smaller size
Noise Reducing Features
The Payne PG92S pulls in combustion air from the exterior of the furnace, which means the system has a very quiet operation. Its inducer motor and soft-mounted blower enhance its noise-reduction capabilities.
Ease of Installation
This robust gas furnace has a 4-way Multipoise Design. So you won’t need unique horizontal or downflow models, and the same unit can be used for all applications. The newly-engineered design allows the system to achieve its certified AFUE in all 4 positions.
- 20-year warranty on the heat exchanger
- 10-year warranty on parts
Comparable Models by Payne
Model Comparison by Features
The Payne PG92S has an AFUE: 92.1%, a BTU input of 40,000-120,000 and its BTU output is 37,000-112,000. In comparison, the Payne PG95S has an AFUE rating of 95.5%, a BTU input of 40,000-140,000 and its BTU output is 39,000-135,000. Both these systems are HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel system compatible and provide better control over your monthly utility bills by as they automatically select the most economical heating method.
Model Comparison by Price
The installed price of the Payne PG92S and the Payne PG95S are on par and stand at $2,900 (installed). Both these furnace systems are economical and offer value for money, making them perfect for heating small spaces.