York Affinity™ Series – YP9C Review
AFUE:Up to 98%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,670 - $5,500
The Affinity™ Series YP9C represents YORK’s most comfortable and energy-efficient model. With an AFUE rating of 98%, it easily gains ENERGY STAR ® certification. The unit utilizes a modulating burner to promise not only cost-effective performance, but also an immense amount of control for the homeowner.
Although this premium-tier unit isn’t the most budget-friendly, its high-efficiency can promise a great deal of savings in the long run. Featuring a primary and secondary heat exchanger as well as an insulated cabinet, the Affinity™ Series YP9C will run quietly while it meets all the heating and cooling demands of your home.
In A Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,670 - $5,500
- AFUE: Up to 98%
- BTU input: 60,000 to 120,000
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Modulating burner
The Bottom Line
This furnace has one of the highest energy efficiency ratings in all of the YORK products. Featuring a variable-speed ECM fan, the Affinity™ Series YP9C offers durable performance that is both quiet and cost-effective.
YORK Affinity™ Series YP9C Specifications
- Compressor type: Modulating, Variable-Speed
- Up to 98% AFUE heating efficiency
- Insulated blower compartment that promises efficient thermal performance and noise reduction
- Built-in self-diagnostics with fault code display
- Aluminized steel primary heat exchanger with stainless steel tube, aluminum fin secondary heat exchanger for greater efficiency
- Electronic Hot Surface Ignition will ensure lesser fuel costs with increased dependability and reliability
The YORK Affinity™ Series YP9C features a modulating gas valve which allows for incredibly precise control and high energy efficiency. Offering up to 98% AFUE, the unit is ENERGY STAR certified.
Other Key Features
- Affinity™ Wi-Fi Residential Communicating Control allows for greater control resulting in even heat distribution and further savings
- Compact unit, standing at only 33" tall cabinet
- ClimaTrak™ technology promises that this furnace will be calibrated to work best in whatever climate
Units in the Affinity™ Series are covered with a limited lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger, a 10-year limited warranty on covered components, and a 1-year limited warranty on labour. Thanks to YORK's Compete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge, an optional furnace replacement will be provided in lieu of a heat exchanger should the part fail within 10 years of installation.
Comparable Models by YORK
Model Comparison by Features
Similarly, the LX Series TM9V offers a high AFUE rating of 96% in the mid-range tier. Although it also features a variable-speed ECM fan motor, the TM9V only offers a two-stage burner rather than the YP9C's modulating burner. Both models are ENERGY STAR certified and are compactly built at only 33" tall.
Model Comparison by Price
The Affinity™ Series YP9C is the more expensive option between the two, thanks to the fact that it is a premium tier option. With this higher price comes additional YORK technologies, such as the Affinity™ Wi-Fi Residential Communicating Control, which promises a higher level of control. The YP9C's higher price is justified through the potential savings allowed by its 98% AFUE rating.
Model Comparison by Tier
This model is the only one of its tier that nets an AFUE rating of above 90%. The YP9C represents the peak of YORK's available units, utilizing the brand's best components and technologies. However, YORK does offer many units in its mid-range LX Series that offer ENERGY STAR certification as well as a budget-friendly price tag.