Payne PG95XAT Review
AFUE:Up to 95%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,375 - $5,500
BTU Output:39,000 - 117,000
In order to help homeowners shop for furnaces and air conditioners, we developed our own proprietary algorithms which weigh a range of criteria and factors to provide an easy-to-compare grade (e.g. B-, A+, etc).
Warranty Grade: It can be difficult to know which brands and models offer the best warranty coverage, particularly because a lot of the key details are hidden in dense warranty documents filled with hard to understand legalese. Thankfully for you, we’ve carefully studied them and created this grading system to account for things like the length AND quality of their guarantee, coverage restrictions and more!
Overall Grade: This grade weighs key factors like efficiency, ENERGY STAR certification, comfort, noise level (for A/Cs), our warranty grade, and more.
Get instant access by creating a FREE account in seconds! (Plus get all these extra benefits)
Or Log In here
The Payne PG95XAT is a two-stage gas furnace that has a heating efficiency of up to 95.5%. It offers reduced drafts throughout your home and has a very quiet operation. You’ll benefit from a rise in the overall SEER* of your HVAC system thanks to the PG95XAT’s electrically efficient blower motor. This motor is efficient and quiet which adds to the comfort levels in your home.
The system also has an SS secondary heat exchanger that extends heat transfer for much higher fuel-efficiency. This heat exchanger wrings out even more heat energy to make it available to the indoor spaces of your home.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,375 - $5,500
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input is 40,000 - 120,000
- BTU output is 39,000 - 117,000
- Fully insulated furnace cabinet which keeps the heat moving evenly through the ductwork.
- Two Stage, Multi-Speed ECM Compressor
The Bottom Line
This quiet function energy efficient two stage gas furnace from Payne definitely provides value for money. Its best suited for smaller spaces and is a great option for homeowners looking for a budget furnace with higher heating efficiency levels. The Payne PG95XAT will provide years of trouble-free service.
- Two Stage, Multi-Speed ECM Compressor
- Soft mounted blower and inducer motor.
- Dual fuel capability with a compatible thermostat and heat pump for energy-saving high heating performance.
- Adjustable heating air temperature rise.
Other Key Features
- Multi-speed blower motor with a two-stage gas valve provides improved comfort levels of even temperature control
- LED diagnostics and a self-test feature
- Solid pre-painted and steel insulated cabinet with tight fit door latch system
- Stores fault codes during a power outage
- Multi-speed, high-efficiency ECM blower motor
- Dehumidification terminals on the control board
- Fully-insulated cabinet which ensures the heat keeps moving to your ductwork
- Humidity control when paired with compatible condensing units and using humidity sensing thermostats
The Payne PG95XAT comes with a 20-year limited warranty on its heat exchanger and also has a 10-year limited warranty on the rest of the components.
Comparable Models by Payne
Model Comparison by Features
Both the Payne PG95XAT has an AFUE rating of 96% while the Payne PG92S has an AFUE of 92.1%. Both these systems have a BTU input of 40,000-120,000 but the BTU output of the Payne PG95XAT is 39,000-117,000 while that of the PG92S is 37,000-112,000. The PG95XAT has a quiet operation and is energy-efficient as is the Payne PG92S.
Model Comparison by Price
The installed prices of the PG95XAT and the PG92S are almost identical with the PG95XAT costing $3,000 and the PG92S -$2,900. There is a unit price difference in these two systems as well. The unit price of the PG95XAT is $2,350 while that of the Payne PG92S is much lower and stands at $1,100. However when you compare them in terms of price against energy-efficiency, they both energy-efficient systems, suitable for smaller spaces. Clients looking for a budget gas furnace will find these perfect for their needs.