Payne PG96VAT Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,375 - $5,500
BTU Output:39,000 - 117,000
The PG96VAT provides consistent comfort and is a highly efficient gas furnace from Payne with two-stage heating. This ENERGY STAR ® qualified system delivers consistent and smooth temperatures that add to the comfort levels in your home. Since the Payne PG96VAT comes with variable-speed performance, it provides better summer dehumidification.
In addition, it also offers a possible efficiency boost to your cooling system as the furnace works with your AC, providing year-round comfort. This is truly a well-engineered gas furnace that’s ISO 9001 registered.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,375 - $5,500
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 40,000-120,000
- BTU output: 39,000-117,000
- Energy Star Certified
The Bottom Line
The PG96VAT has a variable-speed blower motor that delivers only the amount of heated air you require to ensure that you enjoy complete comfort. The furnace has a very quiet function and is compatible with a heat pump or outdoor air-conditioner. This enhances the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER).
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger
- Soft-mounted blower and an inducer motor
- HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel system compatibility
Other Key Features
- Adjustable blower speed for continuous fan, cooling & dehumidification.
- Installation flexibility-vertical vent or sidewall.
- Propane convertible.
- Monoport Burners that are specially designed and finely-tuned for quiet combustion and smooth economical operation.
- 4-Way Multipoise Design- single model for multiple applications.
- Ideal height 35" cabinet- this means the system is short enough for much taller coils while allowing sufficient room for service.
- A solid insulated cabinet that is pre-painted and has a tight-fit door latch system.
Noise Reducing Features
The Payne PG96VAT draws combustion air from the furnace’s exteriors ensuring very quiet operation. Its soft-mounted blower system & inducer motor add to the system’s quiet functioning.
There is a 10-year limited warranty on the parts and a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger.
Comparable Models by Payne
Model Comparison by Features
Both the Payne PG96VAT and PG95XAT gas furnaces have an identical AFUE rating of 96% and they both offer the same heating efficiency levels. Their BTU input is 40,000-120,000 and the BTU output is 39,000-117,000. The PG96VAT and the PG95XAT are quiet functioning systems that offer very high energy-efficiency and have a small footprint. They are ideal for efficient heating of more compact homes and apartments. Both these systems are ideal if you are are looking for a basic gas furnace that will provide value for money.
Model Comparison by Price
There is a minor difference in the unit prices of the PG96VAT and the PG95XAT. While the PG96VAT unit price is $2,550, the PG95XAT costs $2,350. Similarly, there is also a slight cost difference in the installed prices of these two systems. The PG96VAT installed price is $3,250 while that of the PG95XAT is $3,000. But the PG96VAT has very convenient air purifier & humidifier connections which puts it a rung higher than the PG95XAT.