Coleman Echelon™ Series – CP9C Review
AFUE:Up to 98%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,750 - $5,500
BTU Output:58,000 - 116,000
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,750 - $5,500
- AFUE: 97.5% to 98%
- BTU input: 60,000 to 120,000
- BTU output: 58,000 to 116,000
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Quiet running
- Integrated Climatrak Comfort System
The Bottom Line
The Coleman Echelon Series CP9C is an Energy Star Certified furnace that has numerous other options that make it not only energy efficient but ensures that the indoor air quality is at the best that it can be.
Coleman LX Series TM9M
- Contains a modulating, variable speed ECM
- Supports any indoor air quality option a home may have
- Contains an internal condensate trap design
- Convertible to use propane gas if needed
Other Key Features
- Advanced safety features
- 10-year complete assurance warranty pledge
- Blower, burner and inducer operate at quiet levels
Top of the line Energy Efficient
The Coleman Echelon Series CP9C is Energy Star Certified meaning that many people will find that their heating suppliers may even give them a discount for installing such an efficient unit. With an AFUE up to 98% and the compressor type, this is why it is considered so energy efficient. This unit does not require a lot of amps to run, which makes it even more energy efficient, especially when compared to older models.
The heating efficiency that is seen with the CP9C unit is one of the reasons that this unit is considered to be very energy efficient. Several components are working together to give this unit a heating efficiency that is rivaled by few. For example:
- The EMC variable speed drive allows optimal airflow making sure that all the heat that it generates is being put into the home.
- The steel primary heat exchanger ensures that any heat the furnace produces is going to be put to use in the home.
- It does have an Electronic Hot Surface Ignition that helps to save fuel and increases the reliability of the furnace.
- Duct performance testing also has the airflow leakage at less than 1%
You can also have the option of getting this furnace with the ClimaTrak Comfort System which allows you to have even better control of the heating in your home. The modulated design allows you to increase heat in small increments to get the home as toasty as you desire without using tons of gas to make this happen. When compared to older models, the CP9C can cut fuel costs up to 35%.
There are several noise reducing features that make this one of the best furnaces on the market for quiet operation. This includes quiet inducing operation, burner and blower operation.
The Coleman Echelon Series CP9C also offers several safety features that make it an outstanding option. There is a shut off main gas valve that shuts this gas off 100% if needed.
This Coleman furnace comes with the standard lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty, along with the 10-year limited parts warranty. It also comes with the 10-year total assurance warranty pledge.
The unit is the traditional 33 inches tall, meaning it can easily fit wherever it is needed to go. The installation is simple enough that it also comes with the option to add part of a communication control system. There are no knockouts that have to be dealt with, and a technician can easily install this in an upflow, horizontal or even a downflow installation with minimal conversion for these options.