Coleman LX Series – TM9Y Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,000 - $4,750
BTU Output:38,000 - 115,000
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,000 - $4,750
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 40,000 to 120,000
- BTU output: 38,000 to 115,000
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- It can an cut fuel costs by nearly 37%
- It’s an ideal height at 33 inches tall
The Bottom Line
The Coleman LX Series TM9Y offers a quiet running furnace that is energy efficient and helps to ensure that a home is heated thoroughly.
Coleman LX Series TM9Y
- Two Stage, Constant Torque ECM
- Quiet inducer operation
- Supports indoor air quality options
- Utilizes an induced combustion design that eliminates the need for chimney venting
- It can add in an indoor coil from a Coleman HVAC split system to ensure complete comfort in all seasons.
- Numerous sub-models available including: TM9Y040A10MP11, TM9Y060B12MP11, TM9Y080B12MP11, TM9Y080C16MP11, TM9Y100C16MP11, TM9Y100C20MP11, TM9Y120D20MP11
Top of the line Energy and Heat Efficiency
The Coleman LX Series TM9Y is one of the best energy and heat efficient furnaces on the market. The way in which this furnace is able to do this is via the numerous heating and energy saving aspects such as:
- Standard ECM constant torque drive for cooling SEER enhancement, greater comfort with airflow delay profiles.
- Continuous fan options for indoor air quality performance.
- Insulated blower compartment for thermal and acoustic performance, which helps heat and energy efficiency
- With electronic hot surface ignition, you can save on fuel costs
- It comes with a tubular steel primary heat exchanger along with a stainless steel aluminum fin. It has a secondary heat exchanger as well.
- Durable, low-leakage cabinet ensures warm air goes where it’s needed, quietly and efficiently.
- Extracts more heat from less gas with efficient condensing design.
- The airflow leakage is less than one percent
No one wants a furnace that affects everyday conversations that happen in a home due to how loud they run. The Coleman LX Series TM9Y is going to stop this from happening. There are numerous ways in which this furnace helps to ensure it is quiet running and also does a great job of heating a home. The end result is a quiet furnace that is not going to interfere with day to day life at home.
There are several safety features that give owners of the Coleman LX Series TM9Y better peace of mind. For example:
- It is equipped with a 1005 shut off main gas valve
- There is protection is included from the air intake, condensate blockage or exhaust vent.
What type of warranty does the Coleman LX Series TM9Y offer? It has a lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty. In addition, it has the 5-year complete assurance warranty pledge and a 10-year limited parts warranty.
One of the great aspects about the Coleman LX Series TM9Y is that it is going to be easy to install and it is often a quick process. Here is some technician related information:
- The low unit current draw requirement allows for a simple replacement option.
- It is self priming.
- Propane (LP) gas can be used as all models are adaptable.
- For add-on cooling, it has a 24V, 40VA blower relay and control transformer.
- The controls and wiring are easy to access.
- It can be installed as a either two-pipe (closed combustion) or a single-pipe vent using indoor air.
- Easy access and removal of blower.
- The bottom panel removal process is simple
- Quarter turn knobs are included for simple door removal.
- Installation is easy because there are no knockouts to work with.
- The movable flanges allow for installation flexibility.
The Coleman LX Series TM9Y is a great furnace for residential spaces as it’s one of the most compact furnace designs. It is reliable and energy efficient and allows for a long-term performance.