Napoleon NT16A Review
SEER:Up to 16
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Price:$2,700 - $3,600
The NT16A is the top model offered by Napoleon. It has a SEER rating of 16, meaning it’s an energy efficient unit that provides ideal power to cool your home during a Canadian summer.
With a good warranty and some basic maintenance, your unit can provide you with years of service. It will reduce your cooling bills, and it is environmentally-friendly so you can be a responsible homeowner.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2,700 - $3,600
- SEER rating of 16
- Aluminum coil and blades to reduce the chance of rust
- Swept-designed fan blades
The Bottom Line
The NT16A is a reliable and efficient unit designed to cool your home effectively. As the premium model by Napoleon, the technology is advanced and sufficient to fill your home’s needs. It is a solid investment to make in your home comfort and can also save you money on your energy bills since it’s a high SEER-rated unit.
Napoleon NT14A Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Steel hub, aluminum blades and coils rather than copper, increases the longevity of the unit
- Micro-channel condenser coils are compact, allowing for a smaller overall size of the air conditioner and uses less refrigerant to cool sufficiently
- Whisper Quiet™ technology uses a swept-fan blade design to minimize associated noise and improve airflow
- The chlorine-free refrigerant that does not impact that ozone layer in the environment
- Quality Emerson K filter drier that removes debris and unwanted acids from contaminating the refrigerant
The NT16A is an excellent investment that will last you a long time, providing years of service while using less energy to cool your home. By choosing the NT16A, you’re also protecting the environment by not owning a unit that uses harmful chemicals. Designed with a homeowner in mind, so you can still entertain outside without being drowned out by the sound of your air conditioner.
More Key Features
- Extruded slot side panels allow the air conditioner to have unrestricted airflow while protecting the unit
- Less noise from the operation and low vibration from the swept-fans
- Aluminum rather than copper coils to improve longevity
- Powder-coated cabinet panels that resist rust and deterioration
- Small air conditioner sizes due to compact coils
- Copeland scroll compressor that has temperature and pressure protection
Napoleon’s warranty is consistent across all models and covers the industry basics for an air conditioner. The NT16A has a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year warranty for parts once you register within 60 days of installation. If you don’t, you’re still covered by a 5-year warranty for the compressor and parts.
Comparable Models by Napoleon
Model Comparison by Features - Napoleon NT16A versus Napoleon NT14A
As the top model of the Napoleon air conditioner line, the NT16A is the best that you can get. The NT14A however, doesn’t fall short and can offer good value if you’re looking to get into the market. There are minimal differences between the two models, the most obvious one being that the NT14A has a lower SEER of 14, but has all of the same features of the NT16A. The same warranty covers both models and uses a single-stage compressor to cool your home efficiently.
Model Comparison by Price - Napoleon NT16A versus Napoleon NT13A
The NT13A is the entry-level unit offered by Napoleon, and it stacks up reasonably well against the NT16A. With a reduced SEER rating of 13, the NT13A is an excellent unit for Canadians in climates that have mild summers. It is an excellent initial unit for a homeowner looking to get started with a basic air conditioner. Like the NT16A, the NT13A is durable, rust-resistant and uses Whisper Quiet™ technology to minimize operational noise.