Napoleon NT13A Review
SEER:Up to 13
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Price:$2,700 - $3,600
Tonnage:1.5 to 5
This entry-level unit has a SEER rating of 13, making it an efficient and affordable unit that will work to keep your home cool during those hot summers. The air conditioning unit is a taupe colour and comes with a decent warranty that should protect you against mechanical failures.
Napoleon’s unit strives to save on energy and lower your bills. Backed by over 40 years of innovation and technology, Napoleon’s home comfort products deliver on their promised performance.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2,700 - $3,600
- Swept fan blades for quiet operation
- Extruded slow side panels for optimal airflow
- SEER rating of 13
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for an initial investment in the air conditioner market, you can’t go wrong with the Napoleon NT13A. It’s a solidly-built air conditioner that ranges from 1.5 to 5 tons to efficiently cool homes that are small or large. It’s eco-friendly, saving up to 30% on energy consumption.
Napoleon NT13A Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Advanced coil technology that uses micro-channel condenser coils to cool efficiency while using less refrigerant
- Swept fan blades that reduce noise and move air effectively through your air conditioning unit
- Uses chlorine-free refrigerant to be eco-friendly and not contribute to ozone depletion
- Filter drier that is high quality and removes debris, acids and dirt while extending the life of your air conditioner
Napoleon’s NT13A offers excellent value for the investment that you make. It cools your home reliably and circulates air effectively. If you’re looking for a durable air conditioner that will last you a long time with a little maintenance, consider this unit.
More Key Features
- Aluminum coils to prevent deterioration over time
- Small air conditioner size by using smaller, but efficient coils
- Quiet operation from swept fan blades and low vibration
- Copeland scroll compressor that has temperature and pressure protection
- Powder-coated cabinet finish protecting against rust
Napoleon offers a consistent warranty across models. It's an excellent warranty that covers the basics in the industry to provide you with peace of mind. A 10-year limited warranty covers the NT13A for the compressor and a 10-year limited warranty for parts. However, if you (or your installer) doesn’t register within 60 days of installation, the warranty defaults to 5 years for the compressor and the parts.
Comparable Models by Napoleon
Model Comparison by Features - Napoleon NT13A versus Napoleon NT14A
The Napoleon air conditioner family is a small one, and the sister unit to the NT13A is the NT14A. Though both units are very similar, the NT14A has a SEER rating of 14, rather than 13. Both units have the swept-fan design to reduce noise and use aluminum coils and fans rather than copper to increase longevity.
Model Comparison by Tier - Napoleon NT13A versus Napoleon NT16A
The premium NT16A has a lot of similarities to the NT13A. They are both durable units that have been designed to last a long time with powder-coated cabinets and a filter drier that traps and keeps out debris and other contaminants. The NT16A has a higher SEER rating of 16 and is more efficient for summers that have very hot days. It can cool your home down faster and more effectively.