Napoleon NT14A Review
SEER:Up to 14
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Price:$3000 - $5000
This air conditioning unit from Napoleon is an efficient model that is a step above its entry-level sister. It works to keep you cool on a hot day and runs quietly so as not to disturb your outdoor gatherings. With a SEER rating of 14, the NT14A is excellent for Canadian summers--to keep your home environment comfortable and your bill low. Designed to be as inconspicuous as possible, the air conditioner is painted to blend into the surroundings. A good warranty backs this unit, so if you run into any trouble, you’re not left to deal with it on your own.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3000 - $5000
- SEER of 14
- Variety of sizes to accommodate small to large homes
- Swept-designed fan blades
The Bottom Line
The NT14A is an excellent unit to keep your home cooled for summers to come. Once appropriately sized to your home, you can be sure that it will be a reliable unit and serve its purpose well. It’s an efficient model so, in addition to being environmentally-friendly, you’ll also be saving on your energy bills.
Napoleon NT14A Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Whisper Quiet™ with fan blade technology that employs a unique swept blade to improve airflow while cutting down on operational noise.
- Quality Emerson K filter drier that removes debris, particles and acids from contaminating the refrigerant, while improving your unit’s longevity.
- Durable with a steel hub and aluminum blades and aluminum coils rather than copper to last a long time.
- Micro-channel condenser coils that store refrigerant, and since the coils are small and compact, they use less refrigerant while taking up less space.
- The environmentally-friendly refrigerant that does not contribute to greenhouse gases.
NT14A is an investment in your home environment. By circulating cool air efficiently throughout your home while using less energy and not polluting the Earth, you can be a responsible homeowner. With some general maintenance, you can prolong the life of your unit and ensure that you get years of service to come.
More Key Features
- Low vibration and less noise from the operation due to fan blades
- Extruded slot side panels allow the air conditioner to have unrestricted airflow while protecting the unit
- Aluminum coils to prevent deterioration over time
- Powder-coated cabinet panels that have been tested to withstand 1000 hours of salt spray
- Small air conditioner size by using compact, but efficient coils
- Copeland scroll compressor that has temperature and pressure protection
Napoleon’s warranty covers what a good warranty should, and doesn’t change from model to model. The NT14A has a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year warranty on parts. These warranties are in effect once you register your unit with Napoleon after installation; if it’s not registered within 60 days, you’ll be covered by the default 5-year warranties for compressor and parts.
Comparable Models by Napoleon
Model Comparison by Price - Napoleon NT14A versus Napoleon NT13A
The NT13A is a lower SEER-rated model, coming in at 13, while the NT14A is rated at a 14 SEER. However, with this small distinction, the NT13A is still an efficient model with many of the same features of the NT14A. Both units have a Copeland scroll compressor at the heart of their units that ensure reliable performance and long service.
Model Comparison by Tier - Napoleon NT14A versus Napoleon NT16A
The next model up is the NT16A, which is very similar to the NT14A. However, as the premium model, the NT16A has a higher SEER rating of 16, and is, therefore, able to provide more cooling power while being energy efficient. Both models feature micro-channel condenser coils that cut back on the amount of chlorine-free refrigerant used. Each unit can also be sized to fit your home since they range from 1.5 to 5 tons.