High Efficiency Furnaces in Toronto – Prices, Top Deals & Free Quotes
When purchasing a new high-efficiency furnace, Toronto residents should carefully weigh their options when it comes to energy-efficiency, furnace rebates, deals and financing available to them.
Average* furnace price in Toronto (including install): $2500 – more than $5000
*note many factors can affect price, see further down for details
Purchasing a High-Efficiency Furnace
In Canada, the minimum AFUE is 92%. The term AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The higher the AFUE, the more efficient your furnace, the greater your energy savings.
3 Factors to consider when buying an energy efficient furnace in Toronto:
- Brand of furnace: Look at the reputation of the brand you are choosing. How are they with maintenance? How hard will it be for HVAC contractors to find replacement parts? What type of warranty is available and will they be around to honour it? All these things are important to consider when making an investment in a new propane or gas-fired furnace.
- Company that you choose: With a large number of companies competing for your business, it can be easier to get a deal on a new high-efficiency natural gas furnace in Toronto, but at what cost? Research the HVAC company you choose and make sure that they will be able to service your unit for years to come.
- Size/BTU/Energy Efficiency: The larger the space you are trying to heat, the larger the system you require. BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and is a measurement of the heat output of your furnace. Too small and it will fail to adequately heat a space, too large and it will cycle on and off wasting energy. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the system. The HVAC technician will be able to recommend the correct size furnace for your home or business.
Homeowners in the Toronto and surrounding area can take advantage of the following promotions:
- Get a Free NEST Smart Thermostat or Duct cleaning when you purchase a furnace & central A/C combo*
- Get a Free NEST Protect Smoke Detector when you purchase a furnace OR central A/C*
Government Rebates Available
If you choose to upgrade to an ENERGY STAR rated model (with a AFUE of 95% or above), you may also be eligible to receive the following furnace rebate(s):
Popular Furnace Brands
Goodman, Carrier, Lennox, Trane and KeepRite continue to be amongst some of the top searched furnace brands by Toronto homeowners. Each of these brands offers Toronto consumers several furnace types to choose from including single stage, two stage, variable speed and modulating. Several Goodman, Trane and Lennox furnace models include remote temperature control compatibility with smart thermostats. KeepRite’s limited No Hassle™Total Replacement warranty available on select furnace models is attractive to many homeowners looking for added peace of mind.
Save time and request a free quote from trusted local HVAC contractors!
The cost of installation can vary depending on the existing unit in your home. Older furnaces tend to be larger and require the retrofit of ducts and electrical which can add additional costs. Units that are located in hard to reach spots can also influence price. When the installation includes a conversion from a different energy source (such as baseboard heaters or oil) this will also cost more. It is important to have a licensed HVAC professional install your unit. They are professionally trained and able to make sure your unit is installed properly and safely.
High-Efficiency Furnace Pricing
In Toronto, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2500 to more than $5000 for a new high-efficiency natural gas or propane furnace. Many factors affect price including: brand, energy efficiency of the unit, furnace type and installation. A licensed HVAC company will be able to conduct an assessment of your home and walk you through your options when it comes to selecting the high-efficiency furnace that’s right for you.
Need a new forced-air furnace but don’t have the money up front? You’re not alone. Many Canadians are opting to learn more about their options when it comes to financing in order to pay for their high-efficiency furnace. Standard, Zero Interest and Bad Credit Financing options are available to ensure that finances are not a barrier to upgrading your home heating system. Learn more about our Toronto furnace financing options.
General City Information
Living in Canada’s largest city can have its advantages when it comes to heating and cooling your home. Located along Lake Ontario, the fourth largest city in North America can experience extreme highs and very low temperatures. Luckily, the 2.8 million people that call Toronto home includes at least 293 heating and air conditioning companies. Which means for every 10,000 people, there is at least one company competing for your business and keeping prices lower for everyone.
- Old East York
- Elia (Jane & Finch)
- Don Valley Village
- Tam O’Shanter-Sullivan
- York University Heights
- Scarborough Junction
- West Hill
- Forest Hill
- High Park North
- Eglinton East
- East Danforth
- Don Mills
- Flemingdon Park
- Mount Dennis
- The Beaches
- Maple Leaf
- Upper Beaches
- Glen Park
- Thorncliffe Park
- York Mills
- Victoria Village
- Pleasant View
- Islington – Six Points
- Scarborough City Centre
- Kingsview Village
- The Annex
- Deer Park