Trane XB90 Review
- AFUE:Up to 92.1%
- Burner Type:Multiport Inshot
- Blower Type:Variable-Speed
- Price:$3500 - $4665
- BTU Output:38000 - 112000
In a NutshellAverage Price (installed): $2800 – $4500
- Insulated heat exchanger
- Multi-Port In-Shot Burners
- Self-diagnostic microelectronic control
The Bottom LineThe XB90 may not include many of the features that other Trane units boast, but it’s still an excellent unit in its own right. With an efficiency of 90+, and an impressive construction consisting of heavy gauge steel and a “wrap-around” style cabinet, the XB90 is solid, reliable and efficient.
In Depth ReviewProduct Specifications:
- Sub-models available: TUC1B040A9241A, TUC1B060A9361A, TUC1B080A9421A, TUC1C100A9481A, TUC1D100A9601A, TUC1D120A9601A, TDC1B040A9241A, TDC1B060A9361A, TDC1B080A9421A, TDC1C100A9481A, TDC1D120A9601A
- AFUE: 91-92.1%
- BTU input: 40,000-120,000
- BTU output: 38,000-112,000
- Not ENERGY STAR certified
Insulated Heat ExchangerA key component of any furnace, the heat exchanger is the tubes or coils found inside a unit that are placed through the air flow and consequently heat the air. The heat exchanger section of this unit is completely lined with foil faced fibreglass, which provides excellent insulation improving the unit’s overall efficiency.
Multi-Port In-Shot BurnerMulti-Port burners use several ports to mix air and gas to provide maximum heat in the furnace, and the XB90’s Multi-Port In-Shot Burners help to perfectly shape the flame cone ensuring that maximum heat is provided while using less fuel and therefore improving efficiency.
Self-Diagnostic Microelectronic ControlThe self-diagnostic microelectronic control found in the XB90 helps to ensure that maintenance can be completed on the unit fast and efficiently.
Other Key Features
- Crimped Primary Heat Exchanger
- Stainless Steel Secondary Heat Exchanger