Trane XL95 Review
- AFUE:Up to 96%
- ENERGY STAR ®:ENERGY STAR
- Burner Type:Multiport Inshot
- Blower Type:Variable-Speed
- Price:$4665 - $5830
- BTU Output:57600 - 115200
In a NutshellAverage Price (installed): $2800 – $4500
- Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter
- Advanced maintenance features
- Two-stage gas heating
The Bottom LineThe Trane XL95 is specifically manufactured for larger homes with its high BTU input and output. A two-stage furnace for increased comfort featuring advanced maintenance controls, the XL95 is a great option for those that own a larger home and want to ensure their heater has enough power to keep them warm during the winter.
In Depth ReviewProduct Specifications:
- Sub-models available: TUH2B060A936VA, TUH2B080A942VA, TUH2C100A948VA, TUH2D120A960VA, TDH2B060A936VA, TDH2B080A942VA, TDH2C100A948VA, TDH2D120A960VA
- AFUE: 95-96%
- BTU input: 39,000-78,000 (stage one) 60,000-120,000 (stage two)
- BTU output: 57,600-115,200 (stage two)
- ENERGY STAR Certified
Silicon Nitride Hot Surface IgniterThe reliable Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter is a clear upgrade on silicon carbide igniters that have been used for many years in furnaces. The silicon nitride ignition system ensures a longer service life over carbide alternatives and is also improves on efficiency when compared to their carbide counterparts.
Advanced Maintenance FeaturesThe XL95 includes a number of advanced maintenance features helping you ensure that your furnace stays in perfect shape for longer and helping to diagnose any problems quickly and easily. For example, the XL95 includes the self-diagnostic microelectronic control but also includes Lite Port extended system diagnostics. Also, the furnace is able to store any fault codes in its memory, ensuring quick diagnostics if technicians are required to service the unit.
Two-Stage Gas HeatingTwo-stage gas heating furnaces are a clear improvement over their single-stage counterparts. By allowing for a first stage and a second stage, your furnace doesn’t have to fire on full power when the thermostat instructs it to raise the temperature in your home. This decreases the number of temperature swings, as your furnace can stay running on its first stage until it gets really cold, and then can ramp up the heat moving into its second stage.
Other Key Features
- Cleanable high-velocity filters (upflow models)
- Multi-Port In-Shot Burners