Daikin DM96VE Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,330 - $5,160
BTU Output:28,800 - 115,200
The Daikin DM96VE Multi-Speed, Multi-Position Gas Furnace offers high-efficiency innovations to heat your home consistently and effectively. Complete with a dual-stage gas valve, multi-speed ECM motor, and a broad warranty, this unit will keep you and your loved ones warm on those chilly winter nights.
In A Nutshell
Average price (installed): $4,330 - $5,160
- Dual-stage gas valve
- Energy-efficient multi-speed ECM blower motor
- ENERGY STAR ® certified
The Bottom Line
The Daikin DM96VE is a solid investment in high-efficiency home heating, offering energy efficiency, reliability and a quality warranty.
Daikin DM96VE Product Specifications:
- Sub-models available: 0302BNA, 0402BNA, 0603BNA, 0803BNA, 0804CNA, 1004CNA, 1005CNA, 1205DNA
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 30,000-120,000
- BTU output: 28,800-115,200
- Compressor type: Two-Stage, Multi-Speed ECM
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Durable Silicon Nitride igniter
- Heavy-duty stainless-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Heavy-gauge steel cabinet with durable finish
- Cabinet air leakage (QLeak) ≤ 2%
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
Two-stage gas valve - The Daikin DM96VE dual-stage furnace is designed to maximize efficiency. The unit will run on a low setting for most of the time, heating your home evenly. When the thermostat is turned up, the furnace will switch to its high setting. Because it is not starting up from a dead stop, this unit is able to heat your home faster without wasting fuel.
Energy-efficient multi-speed ECM blower motor - The blower motor distributes warm air throughout your home. With a multi-speed ECM, the blower can adjust the fan speed by very small increments, allowing for high precision and efficiency.
ENERGY STAR certified - This unit has an AFUE of 96%, meaning that for every dollar you put into your home heating, 92 cents will be directly used to provide warmth.
Other Key Features
- Fully insulated heat exchanger and blower section
- Quiet two-speed induced draft blower
- Low continuous fan speed options offer quiet air circulation
- Self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a LED
The Daikin Comfort Promise is in effect for up to a year after installation. If for any reason, you have a problem with your high-efficiency unit, the Daikin Comfort Professional that installed your unit will return for a free house call.
This unit also includes a:
- Lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty
- 6-year unit replacement limited warranty
- 12-year parts limited warranty
Comparable Models by the Same Brand
By lower price: Daikin DM96VE vs. Daikin DM92SS
The DM96VE offers more advanced features than the DM92SS, but also comes with a higher price tag. The first unit is a dual-stage furnace with a more precise multi-speed ECM, while the second is a single-stage model with a multi-speed blower motor. They carry essentially the same warranty, but the DM96VE also has a 6-year unit replacement limited warranty.
By features: Daikin DM96VE vs. Daikin DM96VC
Both of these dual-stage furnaces have a solid high-efficiency ranking and a fully insulated cabinet. They have Daikin’s extensive warranty, but the DM96VC has a longer unit replacement warranty (12 compared to 6-year). The DM96VC features a multi-speed ECM which is slightly less precise than the DM96VC’s variable-speed ECM.
By tier: Daikin DM96VE vs. Daikin DC96VE
Both of these dual-stage, multi-speed ECM furnaces have much in common. They have the same AFUE, both have a fully insulated cabinet and are protected by the same comprehensive warranty. The DM96VE has a BTU input of 30,000-120,000 and output of 28,800-115,200. In contrast, the DC96VE has a higher BTU input, 40,000-100,000, and a higher output, 38,400-96,000.