Coleman LX Series – TM9V Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,000 - $4,750
BTU Output:38,000 - 115,000
In order to help homeowners shop for furnaces and air conditioners, we developed our own proprietary algorithms which weigh a range of criteria and factors to provide an easy-to-compare grade (e.g. B-, A+, etc).
Warranty Grade: It can be difficult to know which brands and models offer the best warranty coverage, particularly because a lot of the key details are hidden in dense warranty documents filled with hard to understand legalese. Thankfully for you, we’ve carefully studied them and created this grading system to account for things like the length AND quality of their guarantee, coverage restrictions and more!
Overall Grade: This grade weighs key factors like efficiency, ENERGY STAR certification, comfort, noise level (for A/Cs), our warranty grade, and more.
Get instant access by creating a FREE account in seconds! (Plus get all these extra benefits)
Or Log In here
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,000 - $4,750
- AFUE rating of 96%
- BTU input of 40,000 - 120,000
- BTU output of 38,000 - 115,000
- Can cut fuel costs nearly 36%
- Ideal height of 33 inches
The Bottom Line
The Coleman LX Series TM9V is an Energy compliant furnace that is going to allow homes to have even better energy efficiency.
Coleman LX Series TM9V
- Two Stage, variable speed compressor
- Quiet inducer operation, burner and blower operation
- Built-in self-diagnostics
- Utilizes an induced combustion design that eliminates the need for chimney venting
- Can be wired into Residential Communicating Controls to help save even more on energy bills
- Safety features in place to prevent overheating
- Easy for technicians to install
Other Key Features
Sub-models available include: TM9V040A10MPAAC, TM9V060B12MP11C, TM9V080B12MP11C, TM9V080C16MP11C, TM9V100C16MP11C, TM9V100C20MP11C, TM9V120D20MP11C
Top of the line Energy and Heat Efficiency
With an AFUE rating of 96%, the Coleman LX Series TM9V is a highly efficient furnace when it comes to heating and energy usage. The features that make this so energy efficient include:
- ECM variable speed drive for cooling SEER enhancement, improved comfort with optional airflow delay profiles, and continuous fan options for IAQ performance.
- Insulated blower compartment
- Electronic Hot Surface Ignition saves fuel cost with increased dependability and reliability.
- Hi-tech tubular aluminized steel primary heat exchanger with a stainless steel tube/aluminum fin and a secondary heat exchanger for outstanding efficiency.
- Efficient condensing design extracts more heat from less gas.
With the above features, less energy is being used, but the heat that is being put throughout the home is still going to be just as warm as you set the temperature too. You are not having to sacrifice energy efficiency for no heat.
This furnace is described as running as quiet as a whisper. Which is not something that every furnace can claim. How does this happen? It is due to the operation of the inducer, burner and blower being powerful, yet designed to be quiet.
Safety is a top priority for anyone, and this is especially true when dealing with a furnace. With the 100% shut off main gas valve, you can feel extra safe while this furnace is in your home.
The warranty for this particular furnace includes:
- Lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty
- 5 year complete assurance™ warranty pledge
- 10 year limited parts warranty
Along with being safe, you want to ensure that you are getting a furnace that is reliable. Several features make this one furnace very reliable, including:
- It has a reliable silicone nitride hot surface heat ignition
- The complete assurance warranty should give you great peace of mind
- With the ability fo it to support indoor air quality options, you know you have a furnace that is going to last for years to come.
The good news is that the Coleman LX Series TM9V is very installer friendly. Here are few facts about this process:
- Easy replacement application with low amp requirements.
- All models are convertible to use propane (LP) gas.
- Solid removable bottom panel allows easy conversion.
- 24V, 40VA control transformer and blower relay supplied for add-on cooling.
- No knockouts to deal with, making the installation process easier.
- Easy access to controls to connect power and control the wiring.
- Movable duct connector flanges for application flexibility.
- Easily applied in upflow, horizontal left or right, or downflow installation with minimal conversion necessary.
- Venting applications may be installed as either 2 pipe sealed combustion or single pipe vent using indoor combustion air.
- Inducer rotates for easy conversion of venting options.
- These models may be connected as part of a communicating control system using a 4-wire connection bus.
- Fully supported blower assembly for easy access and removal of blower.
- Compact, easy to install, ideal height 33" tall cabinet.
- 1/4 turn knobs provided for easy independent door removal.
- Internal condensate trap design (patent pending) provides condensate management options and is self-priming to prevent nuisance problems.
The Coleman LX Series TM9V is a safe, quiet and reliable furnace. Along with being energy efficient, it is durable and ensures a long-lasting performance.