Coleman LX Series – TM9E Review
AFUE:Up to 95%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Single Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,000 - $4,750
BTU Output:38,000 - 114,000
In order to help homeowners shop for furnaces and air conditioners, we developed our own proprietary algorithms which weigh a range of criteria and factors to provide an easy-to-compare grade (e.g. B-, A+, etc).
Warranty Grade: It can be difficult to know which brands and models offer the best warranty coverage, particularly because a lot of the key details are hidden in dense warranty documents filled with hard to understand legalese. Thankfully for you, we’ve carefully studied them and created this grading system to account for things like the length AND quality of their guarantee, coverage restrictions and more!
Overall Grade: This grade weighs key factors like efficiency, ENERGY STAR certification, comfort, noise level (for A/Cs), our warranty grade, and more.
Get instant access by creating a FREE account in seconds! (Plus get all these extra benefits)
Or Log In here
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,000 - $4,750
- AFUE: 95%
- BTU input: 40,000 to 120,000
- BTU output: 38,000 to 114,000
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Can cut fuel costs nearly 37%
- Ideal height at 33 inches tall
The Bottom Line
The Coleman LX Series TM9E is Energy Star Certified, along with having numerous other features that make this furnace perfect for those in need of a replacement for those old furnaces.
Coleman LX Series TM9E
- Single stage, 5-speed direct drive Standard ECM compressor
- Quiet inducer operation
- Supports indoor air quality options
- Utilizes an induced combustion design that eliminates the need for chimney venting
Other Key Features
- Convertible for propane gas use
- Built-in self-diagnostics tool for reliable operation
Top of the Line Energy and Heat Efficiency
Being Energy Star Certified is a huge honor for a furnace these days, as this is what most people are looking for. When it comes to a furnace people want something that is going to be easy on their wallet, yet still heat their home as they want. The energy-efficient features of this model include:
- 5 speed, direct drive Standard ECM style high-efficiency DC motor.
- High-efficiency blower motor for lower electrical power usage and improved A/C SEER ratings.
- Insulated blower compartment for thermal and acoustic performance.
- Blower-off delay for cooling SEER improvement.
- Electronic Hot Surface Ignition saves fuel cost with increased dependability and reliability.
- Hi-tech tubular aluminized steel primary heat exchanger with a stainless steel tube/aluminum fin secondary heat exchanger for outstanding efficiency.
The energy and heat efficiency is why the Coleman LX Series TM9E is a top purchase by many homeowners.
A noisy furnace can be rather annoying, and with the Coleman LX Series TM9E, there are ways in which this sound is reduced. It does feature a quiet inducer operation.
Safety is a top concern with any furnace. The Coleman LX Series TM9E includes a 100% shut off main gas valve for extra safety. The built-in self-diagnostics that can be integrated into the control module display is also a huge way that the safety features are increased as it can alert you to potential problems before they become major.
This furnace includes a 5-year complete assurance warranty pledge along with the traditional warranties of a lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty and the 10-year limited parts warranty.
There are several technical aspects about this furnace that make it a great option. These include:
- Connecting the power and controlling the wiring is easy
- Reduced unit amp allows for a simple replacement application.
- The bottom panel is solid, but easily removed.
- 24V, 40VA control blower relay and transformer supplied to allow additional cooling.
- Installation is easier, as there are no knockouts to contend with.
- Movable duct connector which allows for flexibility.
- Can be installed with upflow, horizontal or downflow…whatever works for your home
- Venting applications - may be installed as sealed combustion or indoor combustion air.
- Inducer rotates allowing for more venting options.
- Easy entry and discharge of the blower.
- With an ideal height 33" tall cabinet, making it compact and easy to install
- Door removal is easy thanks to ¼ turn knobs
- No special vent termination required.
- Self-priming internal condensate trap designed for a simple installation.
The Coleman LX Series TM9E is one of the safest options for your home on the market. When you add in the various specifications of this furnace, you are getting not only something that is safe, but one that comes with a good warranty along with energy and heat efficiency ratings that are the top of the industry.