Central Air Conditioning in Regina, Saskatchewan
When purchasing a brand name air-conditioning unit in Regina, Saskatchewan consider reviewing our unbiased information. Compare prices, request a quote, and get information on dozens of HVAC companies in and around the city by contacting our team. We have assembled some helpful information and details below to get you started.
Other Articles You May Find Helpful:
Table of contents
- Average central air conditioner cost in Regina (including installation):
- Who Is Our Top Regina Air Conditioning Contractor?
- What to Look for in a High-efficiency Air Conditioner
- Regina & Surrounding Areas
Average central air conditioner cost in Regina (including installation):
$3000 – $5500
Expect to pay between $3,000 to $5500 for an air conditioning system, with size, model, and installation being major factors in the final cost.
Higher than average
Slightly above-average price range, which may be due to factors like a more complicated installation, or purchasing a top-of-the-line unit or premium brand.
Typical price range: 3000 – 5500
The average price range for a typical high-efficiency unit with a typical installation from an established, fully licensed & insured local HVAC contractor. Prices will vary within this range based on installation factors, brand & model, unit size/BTU output & efficiency, among other things.
Lower than average
Below-market pricing; be careful if the price is exceptionally low. The lower the price is below average, the higher likelihood that you may receive a more hastily done installation, low-end or used components, limited labour warranty coverage & ongoing support, or the company may be less established or lacking in insurance and/or licensing & certification.
Air Conditioner Cost Calculator
Regina In A Nutshell
- Population: 217,000
- Average Temp. Summer: 23 degrees
- Average Temp. Winter: -11.5 degrees
Top Brands by Price Tier
- Low – to $3,800 Goodman
- Mid – Up to $4,500 American Standard
- Premium – up to $6,000+ Lennox
Who Is Our Top Regina Air Conditioning Contractor?
What to look for when choosing a heating & air conditioning contractor
People often fret over the brand of air conditioner to buy, but choosing the best contractor in Regina is every bit as important. Not only is the quality of the workmanship and installation crucial to the air conditioner’s lifespan, the company you choose will be relied on for future servicing and warranty coverage.
Always choose an established company that has:
- Good, independently-verified feedback
- A solid track record and no outstanding disputes
- Verified insurance, licenses, and certifications
- Experienced staff, with manufacturer training
- Registered to offer rebates
Checking all of these things is difficult and time-consuming.
That’s why we’ve already done it for you!
Learn more about our independent local HVAC contractor Certification program, designed to help you get a reliable heating system at a fair price, from reputable local dealers.
What to Look for in a High-efficiency Air Conditioner
When investing in something like an air conditioning system for your home, you should ask yourself a few questions to help you narrow down your search. Here are the most important factors when making your decision:
ENERGY STAR Certification
Units that adhere to strict efficiency standards earn an ENERGY STAR rating are what you should be looking to purchase. These units are more energy efficient, less expensive to operate, and produce fewer greenhouse emissions.
SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is the amount of cooling an air conditioner can push out per unit of energy consumed. The higher the rating, the more efficient it will be.
The most energy smart AC units will keep you cool without putting a huge dent in your energy budget. We compare dozens of Canadian brands to help you make smarter decisions in energy.
From temperature control to power settings and remote controls, features are an important part of any purchasing decision. Most central air conditioning units in Regina come with standard features such as:
- ENERGY STAR certification
- Advanced controls (eg. Zone selection, remote access)
- Variable speed blowers
- Noise reduction
- Accessible and washable filters
- Two-stage compressor
- Variable-speed air handler
We breakdown the price of hundreds of units by brand and region, and even tell you what to expect with installation. Contact our team for direction on local options.
What good is being cool if you can’t hear yourself think? Compare the best units not just on price and features, but on their decibel level too.
From a practical point of view, we can make your choice simple based on warranty information offered by the top brands in the country.
Benefits of a Central Air Conditioning System
The market for central air conditioning systems in Regina continues to grow. More and more people are realizing the benefits of installing an A/C unit. As the city expands and new construction is booming, the installation of air conditioning is a common practice. There are so many good reasons to have a central cooling system in your home, here are a few of the advantages:
- You can control the humidity in your home with the use of your central air conditioner’s evaporator coil–it extracts moisture from the air, thereby cooling your space.
- It’s more efficient, and in the end cost effective, to operate a central A/C unit as opposed to a window unit. Less energy is required to provide the same amount of cooling.
- Power! Airflow is significantly stronger with a central air conditioning unit–the consistent stream of cool air throughout your home will be the testament to this benefit.
- The noisiest part of your equipment will be outside. With the addition of sound blanket material to most compressors your neighbours won’t mind the outdoor unit.
- A central air conditioner not only cools air, but it also filters it as well. Your home’s air is constantly cycling through and past filters while the A/C unit is in operation, thereby filtering out particles several times daily.
Questions to Consider When Selecting a New Air Conditioner
How much space are you cooling?
If you live in an apartment rather than in a house, you’ll need to look at models that can efficiently cool your space, typically one room at a time. It makes more sense to purchase a unit that is mobile and can be easily stored at times when not in use, since space is usually a strong consideration in apartment and condo units.
What condition are your air ducts in?
With central air conditioning, you may want an expert to inspect the quality of your ducts. Air flow is important to the functioning and efficiency of your AC unit. Should there be an issue with your duct work it may end up costing you a significant amount of money to operate your cooling system.
How long will you live in your home?
If you are intending to stay in your home for the long haul, it might be wiser to invest in a more cost-effective system such as a central air conditioning unit. With the new energy efficient models that are now available to consumers, it makes more sense to purchase a more permanent solution like central A/C.
Get FREE Quotes from Certified Local Contractors!
There are dozens of brands that offer competitive price and quality. If you’re looking for air conditioning in Regina, Saskatchewan, here are some of the top brands you should be looking for.
The most popular AC models in Regina:
- Goodman AC
- American Standard
Installation can add cost to your total, but it’s a necessity. A licensed specialist will ensure that your unit is installed efficiently and safely. Installation costs can also vary based on:
- Types of homes, especially older homes
- Operating on a different energy source (eg. oil)
- Hard to reach installation places
Regina City Info
The City of Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan. Historically Regina experiences moderate temperatures during the year. The summer months average temperatures in the mid 20 degree range while winter months average temperatures between -10 and -15 degrees. However, increasingly summer temperatures are rising. With a strong humidex, Regina temperatures during July and August are often creeping into the 30 degree range, with some days hitting the low 40’s due to humidity. It’s on these days you will need a reliable air conditioning unit. Contact a trusted local distributor to discuss your options.
Current Regina Air Conditioner Deals
Regina & Surrounding Areas
- Moose Jaw
- Fort Qu’Appelle
- Indian Head
Save time and get a fair price – request a free quote from trusted local HVAC contractors!