You may have seen the ENERGY STAR label on some appliances. This symbol is used to mark products that are identified as the best energy savers on the market. Facing those cold winter months in Guelph means you’re going to be cranking up your furnace a lot. An ENERGY STAR certified furnace can help you save on the annual heating costs of your home.
Here in Ontario, there are rebates available for you for installing ENERGY STAR furnaces with an ECM. Something to take a note of when making your purchasing decision.
Making the right decision in purchasing a furnace within your budget is important. You can visit the rest of our website to get pricing information on top furnace brands in Guelph.
The average price of a furnace (installation included) in Guelph ranges between $2500-$4500. Though, this can change depending on factors such as efficiency rating, unit size and BTU output, and the type of furnace.
You can save some money by checking in with your local Guelph HVAC specialists to inquire about any potential deals on certain brands. If you can find a top brand at a lower price that suits your budget and adheres to the factors influencing your home’s furnace, then it’s a bonus.
Also, be sure to check our website for deals in your area.
In addition to the ENERGY STAR rebates, many others are available. There is a comprehensive list on our website, but here are some that are relevant to you as a homeowner in Guelph:
- Union Gas Rebates (through their Home Reno Rebate program)
- Receive up to $1000 for a new natural gas furnace
- Enbridge Rebates (These apply even if you are not a customer)
- Replacing a less than 95% AFUE furnace with a higher % AFUE and receive $1000. You can also get an additional $650 back in electrical incentives for upgrading your furnace
- Get up to $2100 through Enbridge’s Home Energy Conservation program
- For a limited time, get $250 in electric incentives for upgrading your heating system
- Smart/NEST thermostat rebate (through Union Gas or Enbridge)
- Enbridge: $100 credit on your account if you install a smart thermostat like NEST
- Union Gas: Receive a $100 credit towards a new smart thermostat
Taking advantage of these rebates is a great way to save you money. Be sure to check out the rebates section of our website for more details.
Your local Guelph HVAC specialists and contractors can offer you a range of financing options for the purchase and installation of your unit. You can choose a flexible offer that suits your budget. Some options include:
- Standard Financing – Requires a credit check
- Zero-interest Financing – Requires a credit check and an initial administration fee
- Bad Credit Financing – Does not require a credit check, and nothing is paid upfront along with zero installation fees.
You can alternatively choose to rent a furnace if it better suits your budget and needs. Renting a furnace means you pay a flat monthly rate with no upfront costs. While certainly an option to consider, you will be generally paying more overall than if you purchased the unit.
It’s important that you have a licensed specialist install your unit efficiently and safely. While this adds to the total cost, it will ensure that you are getting the most out of your furnace and helping to ensure its reliable operation for years to come. Costs of installation can vary depending on factors within your home. Some of these factors include the type of home, the energy source, and if the installation place is hard to reach.
It may add extra cost but choosing a system with better warranty coverage can save you more in the long run. In addition, you may choose to invest in an extended warranty or protection plan from your HVAC contractor. You don’t want to be spending unnecessarily if issues arise with your unit, so be sure to ask your local Guelph HVAC specialist about warranty terms and conditions.
Need a quote? Get a free no obligation one in minutes from our Certified Local Partners. They’ll tailor it to your budget and needs, whether large or small. Guelph’s cold winters mean you want to make the right choice for your home. So, to ensure you are selecting the optimal furnace, be sure to choose a reliable and established company.
Want to know more?
You can download our free step-by-step guide to purchasing a furnace from our website.