A new high-efficiency central air conditioner can keep your Vancouver home cooler this summer without costing you extra in energy bills. At Furnace Prices we have collected important information about the quality brands and models available, so you can make an informed decision in your choice of cooling system. Details include pricing, financing choices, local or regional promotions, and available government rebates.
Other Articles You May Find Helpful:
- Buying a Furnace in Vancouver
- Getting Emergency HVAC Repair in Vancouver
- Best HVAC Contractors in Vancouver
Table of contents
- Other Articles You May Find Helpful:
- Average central air conditioner cost in Vancouver (including installation):
- What to look for when choosing a heating & air conditioning contractor
- Who Are Our Top Vancouver Air Conditioner Contractors?
- Purchasing a High-Efficiency Central Air Conditioner in Vancouver
- Government Rebates Available
- Popular Central Air Conditioner Brands
- Financing Options
- General City Information
- Vancouver & Surrounding Areas
- Popular Neighbourhoods
Average central air conditioner cost in Vancouver (including installation):
$3000 – $5500
The average cost of a new, high-efficiency central air conditioner in the Vancouver area ranges from $3000 to $5500. The final price depends on the brand, model, size, location, and the HVAC contractor you select. To get the best deal for your home and budget, approach different HVAC companies for quotes and choose the option that is both affordable and comes with a good labour warranty.
Higher than average
Slightly above-average price range, which may be due to factors like a more complicated installation, or purchasing a top-of-the-line unit or premium brand.
Typical price range: 3000 – 5500
The average price range for a typical high-efficiency unit with a typical installation from an established, fully licensed & insured local HVAC contractor. Prices will vary within this range based on installation factors, brand & model, unit size/BTU output & efficiency, among other things.
Lower than average
Below-market pricing; be careful if the price is exceptionally low. The lower the price is below average, the higher likelihood that you may receive a more hastily done installation, low-end or used components, limited labour warranty coverage & ongoing support, or the company may be less established or lacking in insurance and/or licensing & certification.
What to look for when choosing a heating & air conditioning contractor
People often fret over the brand of air conditioner to buy, but choosing the best contractor in Vancouver is every bit as important.. Not only is the quality of the workmanship and installation crucial to the air conditioner’s lifespan, the company you choose will be relied on for future servicing and warranty coverage.
Always choose an established company that has:
- Good, independently-verified feedback
- A solid track record and no outstanding disputes
- Verified insurance, licenses, and certifications
- Experienced staff, with manufacturer training
- Registered to offer rebates
Checking all of these things is difficult and time-consuming.
That’s why we’ve already done it for you!
Learn more about our independent local HVAC contractor Certification program, designed to help you get a reliable heating system at a fair price, from reputable local dealers.
Who Are Our Top Vancouver Air Conditioner Contractors?
About TEK Climate:
- Established, with a great track record
- Amazing feedback from verified customers
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- Experienced and well-trained staff
- 24-hour emergency service
FREE wifi stat, 4 filters, and no charge added value witch includes 1st-year service free with every furnace and air conditioner installed
1ST YEAR SERVICE INCLUDED – We come back 1 year from now to make sure everything is running correctly. ($199) VALUE
FURNACE SERVICE INCLUDED ON A/C INSTALLATION (on day of install) – ($199 VALUE)
FREE WI-FI THERMOSTAT – ($499 VALUE)
– 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE-if you are not satisfied, the TEKclimate team will insure and do what it takes to make it right.
– LONGEST WARRANTIES- We are confident in our line of products and quality of installation, TEKclimate offers a long labor warranty.
– NO-HASSLE WARRANTY- If something goes wrong, we will take care of it. PERIOD.
– NO LEMON GUARANTEE- If for any reason the equipment has ongoing problems, we will replace it no questions asked.
– PROPERTY PROTECTION GUARANTEE
– LIFE-LONG RELATIONSHIP GUARANTEE- WE WANT TO EARN YOUR BUSINESS FOR LIFE.
– KEEP YOUR FAMILY & HOME SAFE- We carry 5 million in liability insurance. Licensed, bonded, insured.
– OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH 5 STARS GOOGLE REVIEWS- We strive for excellence. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED FOR THE INSTALL EQUIPMENT WE QUOTED- our comfort advisers quote for the entire job.
– WE PROCESS WARRANTY, PERMITS & REBATES
– WE TAKE CARE OF EVERY ASPECT OF THE INSTALLATION.
– IN-HOUSE INSTALLATION CREW- Know who is in your home. TEKclimate does not use a ‘sub-contractor foreman’.
Purchasing a High-Efficiency Central Air Conditioner in Vancouver
When you invest in a new high-efficiency central air conditioner for your Vancouver home, you’ll want to pay close attention to the SEER rating. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating. Central air conditioners available in Vancouver have ratings between 13-20+, a higher rating signals higher performance efficiency.
The size of your home should dictate what size central A/C system you buy, and a qualified HVAC professional will make an appropriate recommendation. A system that is too small will frequently cycle on and off and be very inefficient at cooling your space. An overly large unit, on the other hand, will not be able to extract humidity sufficiently.
Government Rebates Available
Vancouver residents who invest in a new high-efficiency central A/C system can benefit from the government rebates and incentives available to reward energy-efficient home ownership. Click here to view central air conditioner rebates available to Vancouver homeowners. Your HVAC distributor can also advise you on which ones you qualify for as well as how to apply for them.
Popular Central Air Conditioner Brands
Homeowners in Vancouver have access to a wide range of top central air conditioner brands like Goodman, Carrier, Lennox, Trane and KeepRite. Carrier, Lennox, and Trane offer SEER ratings that exceed 20 while Goodman ComfortAlert™ technology monitors system performance and KeepRite Observer® Communicating control offers offers Wi-Fi® capability for remote access.
Get FREE Quotes from Certified Local Contractors!
Installation of a new central A/C system is essential to performance quality. A licensed HVAC technician will be aware of potential challenges, such as fitting indoor coils, and will examine the condition of the coil to confirm its ability to maintain system performance. Working with a professional will get your system operating the way it should and give you peace of mind.
Vancouver residents who are buying a new central A/C system have different financing options available to them, from standard to zero interest and even bad credit. These options and their terms and conditions are explained below.
Most Vancouver residents looking to purchase a new central air conditioning system can now do so thanks to this flexible range of financing choices. In most cases, the energy savings will cover the cost of the system over time, making it an investment that eventually pays for itself.
General City Information
Vancouver experiences much milder summer temperatures than the other provinces, with average highs of 22 C and 22.3 C in July and August. With more than 100 HVAC companies to choose from the 500,000+ residents that call Vancouver and surrounding areas home won’t have to worry about finding a licensed HVAC contractor to maintain their high-efficiency central air conditioners, ensuring they are always operating at optimal performance.
Vancouver & Surrounding Areas
- New Westminster
- Maple Ridge
- White Rock
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- Pitt Meadows
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
- Kensington-Cedar Cottage
- Mount Pleasant
- Riley Park
- South Cambie
- West End
- West Point Grey