Trane S9X2 Review
- AFUE:Up to 96%
- ENERGY STAR ®:ENERGY STAR
- Burner Type:Multiport Inshot
- Blower Type:Variable-Speed
- Price:$4665 - $5830
- BTU Output:25220 - 75660
In a NutshellAverage Price (installed): $2800 – $4500
- Type 29-4C secondary heat exchanger
- Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter
The Bottom LineWith the Energy Star certification, you can rest assured that when you’re buying the S9X2, with its impressive AFUE rating of 95-96%, you’re purchasing a furnace that will save you money over the long-run. Its two-stage operation helps keep you comfortable all year round and additional features such as the Integrated System Control ensure that any problems are picked up quickly. Overall, the S9X2 is another great offering from Trane.
In Depth ReviewProduct Specifications:
- Sub-models available: S9X2B040U2PSAAA, S9X2B040U3PSAAA, S9X2B060U3PSAAA, S9X2B060U4PSAAA, S9X2B080U3PSAAA, S9X2B080U4PSAAA, S9X2C080U4PSAAA, S9X2C080U5PSAAA, S9X2C100U4PSAAA, S9X2C100U5PSAAA, S9X2D120U5PSAAA, S9X2B040D2PSAAA, S9X2B060D3PSAAA, S9X2B080D4PSAAA, S9X2C100D5PSAAA, S9X2D120D5PSAAA
- AFUE: 95-96%
- BTU input: 26,000-78,000 (first stage) 40,000-120,000 (second stage)
- BTU output: 25,220-75,660 (first stage) 38,800-116,400 (second stage)
- ENERGY STAR certified
Type 29-4C Secondary Heat ExchangerThe 26-4C stainless steel secondary heat exchanger is a special type of heat exchanger only found on the S series of Trane’s furnace range. This stainless steel secondary heat exchanger helps to reclaim heat from flue gases that would usually be lost during normal operation to help improve the overall efficiency of this unit. When you combine the secondary heat exchanger on this unit with its durable, heavy gauge tubular stainless steel primary heat exchanger you can rest easy that you’re going to receive a high level of comfort while saving money on your energy bills.
Silicon Nitride Hot Surface IgniterThe Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter is an upgrade on the silicon carbide igniters of old. The new Silicon Nitride Hot Surface Igniter is far more durable than the silicon carbide igniters were and use less energy. Also, they tend to last longer helping prevent maintenance calls and improving the overall reliability of the S9X2.
Other Key Features
- Integrated System Control
- Two-Stage Operation
- Vortica II Blower