American Standard Gold S9X2 Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,585 - $5,670
BTU Output:38,800 - 116,400
The Gold S9X2 is a member of American Standard’s S-line of furnaces. It’s a two-stage, two-speed gas furnace that can provide your home with comfortable and efficient heating with the American Standard guarantee of reliability.
The Gold S9X2 is equipped with some of American Standard’s innovative technology. Here are some of its top features:
- A Durable hot surface igniter that starts the burner electronically, ensuring safe and efficient operation, which means no old fuel-burning pilot lights.
- Compatible with American Standard’s AccuClean products that can effectively filter allergens out of the air.
- The Vortica II blower, designed exclusively for American Standard, operates quietly and efficiently, providing your home with quality heating.
Average Price: The Gold S9X2, on average, will cost you between $4,585 to $5,670 with installation
The Bottom Line
With a %AFUE of up to 96 and variable features, the Gold S9X2 gas furnace is a solid mid-range product. Protected by American Standard’s ten-year and limited lifetime warranties, the Gold S9X2 is sure to provide your home with comfortable, reliable, and efficient heating for years.
In Depth Review
- Sub-models available: S9X2B040U2PSAAA, S9X2B040U3PSAAA, S9X2B060U3PSAAA, S9X2B060U4PSAAA, S9X2B080U3PSAAA, S9X2B080U4PSAAA, S9X2C080U4PSAAA, S9X2C080U5PSAAA, S9X2C100U4PSAAA, S9X2C100U5PSAAA, S9X2D120U5PSAAA, S9X2B040D2PSAAA, S9X2B040U2PSAAA, S9X2B080D4PSAAA, S9X2C100D5PSAAA, S9X2D120D50SAAA
- ENERGY STAR ® certified: Varies by sub-model
- AFUE: 95%-96%
- BTU input: 40,000-120,000
- BTU output: 38,800-116,400
The Gold S9X2 also comes with other notable features which include:
- Up to 96% AFUE
- A fuel-efficient design that gives you your money’s worth of comfortable and efficient heating.
- Two-stage gas heating - Means more comfort, a quieter operation, and less temperature swing
- ECM Constant Torque, high-efficiency motor - Provides the model with outstanding electrical efficiency, further saving you money
- ENERGY STAR certified (some models) - Certified for efficient heating that saves you money and reduces carbon emissions
- Stainless steel primary and secondary heat exchangers - Can withstand higher temperatures and resist corrosion. Their design facilitates heat transfer. The secondary heat exchanger allows for more heat to be drawn from the combustion process
- Durable and insulated cabinet - Provides the model with protection for its internal parts, as well as ensuring quiet operation for maximum comfort.
The Gold S9X2 comes with American Standard’s lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger, so you won’t have to worry if it breaks down. The model also comes with a 10-year limited warranty on internal functioning parts that can be replaced free of cost. Other extended warranty options are also available for you.
Whether you’re looking for an optimal mid-range furnace, something at a lower cost, or a premium model, American Standard has plenty to offer. Our website can provide you with the details you need on A.S models. Here are some comparisons to the Gold S9X2.
Economy-Tier: 92 Natural Gas Furnaces - These models of furnaces can provide your home with efficient heating with an AFUE rating of 92.1%. It operates quietly and efficiently like the Gold S9X2 and comes covered by the same warranties. However, it lacks certain features of the Gold S9X2 and isn’t ENERGY STAR certified.
Mid-Tier: Gold S9V2 - Another member of the S-line American Standard products, the Gold S9V2 contains features similar to the Gold S9X2. It comes with an ECM motor with Comfort-R technology that ensures a quieter and more efficient operation. Though it’s not ENERGY STAR certified, it still has an excellent %AFUE rating of 96.
Premium-Tier: Platinum 95 - This model is a step above the Gold S9X2, having an outstanding 97.3% AFUE and certain models that are ENERGY STAR certified. The Platinum 95 comes with American Standard innovative technology like an ECM blower motor with Comfort-R, and AccuLink communication capability, which allows you to monitor the model remotely.