Comfortmaker Performance 95 – N9MSE Review
AFUE:Up to 95%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Single Stage
Blower Type:Single Speed
Price:$3,000 - $3,665
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE is a highly efficient and cost-effective, mid-range furnace that lives up to the ComfortMaker brand name. It has an AFUE rating of up to 95.5% and is backed by the high-quality construction that this brand is known for. The fixed-speed blower motor and single-stage operation help improve comfort levels and offer consistent temperature control.
This product offers the perfect balance of energy-efficiency, affordability, and quiet performance. The system is only 35˝ in height, making it ideal for installation in tight spaces. The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE is dual fuel capable; it comes with an inbuilt thermostat and compatible heat pump that offer the best heating performance.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $2600 – $6000
- Up to 95.5% AFUE heating efficiency
- BTU input: 26,000 - 140,000
- Reliable direct spark gas ignition
- Compatible thermostat: heat/cool
The Bottom Line
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE is a mid-price furnace with solid construction that offers excellent energy-efficiency. Its quiet function, high heating performance, and energy-efficiency make it the perfect choice for the budget-conscious consumer.
ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE Specifications
- Compressor type: Single Stage, Fixed-Speed
- High-temperature limit control helps prevent overheating
- Humidifier and air purifier compatible for improved home air quality
- Single-stage operation with a fixed-speed blower motor for better comfort levels and even temperature distribution
- Induced draft combustion blower for efficient performance
- Dual fuel capable with the thermostat and compatible heat pump offering energy-saving heating performance.
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE offers a reliable single-stage operation which significantly helps improve the comfort levels in your home. With an impressive AFUE heating efficiency of up to 95.5%, this product is one of the best in its range.
Other Key Features
- Advanced Rigid Press Joint aluminized steel heat exchangers that capture additional heat generated by the furnace.
- Soft-mounted inducer motor and blower.
- Compatible thermostat for heating and cooling.
- Its 35˝ height offers installation flexibility.
Like all other ComfortMaker products, the N9MSE is also covered with iron-clad warranties. There is a 10-Year limited warranty on parts as well as a Limited 20-Year heat exchanger limited warranty. These warranties give you the peace of mind that you are investing in a high-quality product that will provide years of efficient service.
Comparable Models by ComfortMaker
Model Comparison by Features
The N9MSB is another mid-range gas furnace from the ComfortMaker Performance Series®. It has an AFUE rating of 92.1% against the 95% AFUE rating that the ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE has. The latter’s heating capacity stands at 26,000–140,000 BTUh while the heating capacity of the N9MSB is 40,000–120,000 BTUh. Both these models are compact in size with a height of 35”, making them ideal for installation in smaller spaces.
Model Comparison by Price
When compared to the installed costs of the ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB, the N9MSE is a higher-priced furnace. But when it comes to cost, other aspects need to be kept in view as well. With its superior energy-efficiency and AFUE rating of up to 95.5% more than make up for the slightly higher costs of the installed product.
Model Comparison by Premium Tier
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSE is essentially a mid-range product. If you are looking for a premium range product that comes with a higher price tag, you may want to consider either the SoftSound® Deluxe 92 or 92 Gas Furnace models. These are premium range products that come with features such as compatibility with the Observer® Communicating Wall Control for a robust communicating system.