Comfortmaker Performance 92 – N9MSB Review
AFUE:Up to 92%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Single Stage
Blower Type:Single Speed
Price:$3,000 - $3,665
If you are looking for energy-efficiency and affordability, the superbly-engineered ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB is just the furnace for you. This product is backed by quality manufacturing and offers up to 92.1% AFUE heating efficiency. Its 35˝ height provides installation flexibility and it can be accommodated in the most compact spaces.
The fixed-speed blower motor and single-stage operation provide even levels of comfort and temperature control in all the indoor spaces. Its inducer motor and soft-mounted blower make for very quiet operation allowing for a calmer indoor environment. The N9MSB is dual fuel capable. The system comes with a thermostat and compatible heat pump for outstanding energy-saving heating performance.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $3,000 - $3,665
- AFUE: Up to 92.1%
- BTU input: 40,000-12,000
- Observer ® communicating wall control
- RPJ ® heat exchanger
- Soft-mounted blower & inducer motor
The Bottom Line
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB is a superbly-engineered, energy-efficient, mid-price furnace that provides efficient and steady performance, and requires basic maintenance.
In Depth Review
ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB Specifications
- Compressor type: Single Stage, Fixed-Speed
- Up to 92.1% AFUE heating efficiency
- High-temperature limit control helps prevent overheating
- Compatible thermostat: heat/cool
- Reliable direct spark gas ignition
- Humidifier and air purifier for better indoor air quality
- Single-stage operation and a fixed-speed blower motor that provides good comfort and an even level of temperature control.
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB with its fixed-speed blower and reliable single-stage operation provides consistent levels of temperature control adding to your comfort. Its AFUE rating of up to 92% significantly increases the system’s efficiency levels over many older ComfortMaker models.
Other Key Features
- The soft-mounted blower and an inducer motor makes it one of the quietest furnaces on the market
- High-temperature limit control feature prevents overheating
- Dual fuel capability with a compatible heat pump that offers energy-saving heating performance.
- Induced draft combustion blower system for highly-efficient performance
- Advanced RPJ® (Rigid Press Joint) aluminized steel heat exchangers capture additional heat generated by your furnace
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB is a highly dependable product that comes with a 10-Year limited warranty on parts and a Limited 20-Year heat exchanger limited warranty. While you can bank on the dependability of this product, its warranty options are pretty hard to surpass.
Comparable Models by Comfortmaker
Model Comparison by Features
The N9MSE Performance 95 Gas Furnace is a comparable product but has a heating capacity of 26,000–140,000 BTUh against the 40,000–120,000 BTUh that the ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB offers. The N9MSE offers Up to 95% AFUE rating compared to the 92.1% offered by the N9MSB. Both of these products have an RPJ® (Rigid Press Joint) primary heat exchanger, and an SS secondary heat exchanger.
Model Comparison by Price
The N9MSE’s installed costs lie on the higher side of the average compared to the ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB. However, the former has an AFUE rating of up to 95.5% while the N9MSB’s AFUE rating stands at 92.1%, setting the N9MSE at a higher energy-efficiency range as well.
Model Comparison by Premium Tier
The ComfortMaker Performance Series® N9MSB is a mid-tier furnace. If you are comfortable with investing a little more in your new furnace, you could consider purchasing the SoftSound® Deluxe 98 Gas Furnace. This is a premium product with an AFUE rating of up to 98% that comes with an Ion™ System Control and Wi-Fi® enabled remote access. The SoftSound® series of furnaces offer the best electrical efficiency and the ultimate in quiet performance.