Coleman LX Series – TM9T Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,000 - $4,750
BTU Output:58,000 - 115,000
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,000 - $4,750
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 60,000 to 120,000
- BTU output: 58,000 to 115,000
- Can cut fuel costs nearly 36%
- Ideal height with 33 inches tall cabinet
The Bottom Line
The Coleman LX Series TM9T is a top of the line furnace that provides the heat a home needs, while utilizing some of the best energy efficient technology that is on the market.
Coleman LX Series TM9T
- Two Stage, 4 Speed Direct Drive PSC compressor
- Quiet inducer operation
- Supports indoor air quality options
- Utilizes an induced combustion design that eliminates the need for chimney venting
- Can be wired into Residential Communicating Controls to help save even more on energy bills
Other Key Features
- Sub-models available include: TM9T060B12MP11, TM9T080B12MP11, TM9T080C16MP11, TM9T100C16MP11, TM9T100C20MP11, TM9T120D20MP11
- Safety features in place to prevent overheating
- Easy for technicians to install
Top of the line Energy and Heat Efficiency
The Coleman LX Series TM9T is all about energy and heat efficiency. Just how does it get this type of energy efficient? With these aspects:
- Insulated blower compartment for thermal and acoustic performance.
- Electronic Hot Surface Ignition saves on the cost of fuel and makes it more dependable.
- Aluminized steel heat exchanger with a stainless steel secondary heat exchanger for even more efficiency.
- Extracts more heat from less gas with efficient condensing design.
- Blower-off delay for cooling SEER improvement.
- Two-stage design adjusts heating level to match the degree of comfort you need.
In addition to the heating and energy efficiency, it also helps with air purification. As it has external air filters to maximize the IAQ needs of the customer.
The Coleman LX Series TM9T is classified as a quiet running furnace, thanks to the extra installation that went into this unit to keep the sounds from being heard throughout the house. No longer will people have to content with turning up television or talk louder to be heard over their furnace.
The safety features of the Coleman LX Series TM9T include:
- 100% shut off main gas valve for extra safety.
- Protection from air intake, exhaust vents, or condensate blockage is included
The warranty for this particular furnace includes:
- a 20 year limited heat exchanger warranty
- a 5 year complete assurance™ warranty pledge
- a 10 year limited parts warranty
In order to have this furnace installed, it will require a professional technician. Here are a few installer notes:
- Reduced amp requirement for easy application.
- The models are are able to use propane gas
- Solid removable bottom panel allows easy conversion.
- 24V, 40VA transformer and relay supplied for additional cooling.
- Easy installation
- Easy access to controls to connect power/control wiring.
- Duct connector and movable flanges for function flexibility.
- Easily assembled in an upflow or downflow installation.
- Venting applications may be added as a 2 pipe or single pipe vent
- The inducer allows for easy changeable venting options.
- Fully supported blower assembly for easy access and removal of blower.
- Easy to install as it’s compact and at an ideal height of 33.
- Quarter turn knobs added for easy door removal.
- It is self priming to prevent additional problems.
The Coleman LX Series TM9T furnace is recommended to be one of the best for your home. With a high energy efficiency rating, a great warranty, and numerous other features, the Coleman LX Series TM9T is going to be one furnace that you can depend on for years to come.