Coleman Comforteer™ Series – TG9S Review
AFUE:Up to 95.50%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Single Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$3,250 - $4,000
BTU Output:38,000 - 123,500
The Coleman Comforteer Series TG9S is not going to disappoint when it comes to heating a home. With numerous features that set it apart from the other furnaces on the market, it is definitely one to consider.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $3,250 - $4,000
- AFUE: Up to 95.5%
- BTU input: 40,000 to 130,000
- BTU output: 38,000 to 123,500
- Built-in self-diagnostics
- Estimated to cut fuel costs by 35% compared to old models
- Low airflow leakage
The Bottom Line
With a high energy efficiency rating and numerous other aspects, the Coleman Comforteer Series TG9S is one furnace that is turning heads! For those who are shopping around, they are going to find that this furnace may be at the top of their list with items that they want for their home.
Coleman Comforteer Series TG9S
- Outstanding energy efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Singe stage, 4 speed PSC
- Extra safety features
Other Key Features
- Super easy installation
- 10-year limited parts warranty
Energy and Heat Efficiency at its Best
For those who look at the Coleman Comforteer Series TG9S, they are going to find that efficiency is one of the first words that come to mind with this furnace. The energy efficiency rating is at a 95.5%, which is rather high for a furnace on the market. Several other features are seen in this furnace that is helping with energy efficiency including the following:
- The use of the Electronic Hot Surface Ignition that is meant to save fuel costs along with increasing the dependability that a person has with this furnace.
- It has a condensing design which is intended to extract more heat from the use of less gas when heating
- It does have technology in place that is meant to help use the heat that the furnace itself may be producing, making it even more energy efficient.
When compared to older models of furnaces, the fuel costs are cut by nearly 35% for most people. In addition, there was less than 1% of the heat that was leaked from the air ducts when tested.
The furnace is also equipped with a timed on, adjustable off blower that is going to allow for maximum comfort without tons of energy being used.
The TG9S option is one of the smoother operating furnaces on the market and does offer a quiet running experience. While a homeowner may hear this furnace kick on, it is not going to be the dominating sound in a home.
Several safety features make the TG9S one of the best on the market that is going to protect your home. There is a blower door safety switch so that no one can get into this unless they know what they are doing. In addition, it does have a 100% shut off main gas valve for extra safety.
The warranty on the Coleman Comforteer Series TG9S is a lifetime limited heat exchanger warrant, along with a 10-year limited parts warranty. This warranty is the average for the furnace industry.
The tech information about this furnace is going to be well known by your technician. However, this is considered an easy installation furnace as there are no knockouts that need to be dealt with. A few of the tech-specific traits of this furnace include the following:
- Ability to be converted to use propane gas
- A height of 33 inches, making it easy to fit where needed
- Can easily be changed to upflow, left or right horizontal or downflow installed