Amana AVXC20 Review
SEER:Up to 24.5
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 57
Price:$3,500 - $6,200
Tonnage:2 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,200 to 53,000
The variable-speed Amana AVXC20 air conditioner features inverter technology to achieve an outstanding SEER performance rating of up to 24.5. Inverter technology allows for power and speed levels to be automatically adjusted to utilize the least amount of energy necessary.
This ENERGY STAR®-certified air conditioner brings new meaning to word efficient. Additionally employing the brand's ComfortBridge™ technology to continuously monitor the system's performance and adjusting for a customized indoor comfort experience.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3,500 - $6,200
- A SEER performance rating of up to 24.5
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency variable-speed compressor
- The ComfortBridge™ technology allows for precision adjustments
The Bottom Line
The Amana AVXC20 is an air conditioner that offers one of the most impressive SEER performance ratings on the market. The unit’s designed to maximize efficiency and accumulate you long-term savings. The variable-speed compressor not only allows for precise adjustments, it delivers the best in cooling comfort.
Amana AVXC20 Specifications:
- Compressor type: Variable-Speed
- The Inverter technology automatically adjusts to use the least amount of energy necessary
- The CoolCloud™ HVAC App allows for licensed contractors to connect with your air conditioner remotely to streamline service issues
- A high-density foam compressor sound blanket drastically reduces noise
Not only does the Amana AVXC20 air conditioner deliver exceptional cooling comfort thanks to its premium performance, the unit promises whisper quiet operation. Its heavy-gauge galvanized steel enclosure with sound-control top is acoustically engineered to keep noise levels minimal.
Other Key Features
- Designed with a baked-on powder paint finish to guarantee long-term durability
- The diagnostic indicator lights simplify maintenance issues
- The premium copper tubing and aluminum fin condenser coil configuration transfer heat seamlessly
- An environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant won't contribute to ozone depletion
The AVXC20 air conditioner is backed by Amana's comprehensive warranty coverage. Thanks to a limited lifetime unit replacement warranty, Amana will replace the entire air conditioner should the unit's compressor fail. Additionally, all remaining functional components are covered by a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Amana
Model Comparison by Features
Compared to Amanas other high-efficiency air conditioners, the AVXC20 stands out as the most powerful available option. The next closest air conditioner is the ASXC18 features two-stage operation to achieve a SEER performance rating of up to 19. Although still very impressive, the ASXC18 doesn't truly compare to efficiency of the AVXC20. However, both models still feature the brands suite of technological innovations, such as ComfortBridge™ technology and the CoolCloud™ HVAC mobile app.
Model Comparison by Price
In terms of price, the Amana AVXC20 is definitely the most expensive product on the brand's roster. However, when you consider the performance ratings and premium internal components, it's easy for one to imagine the long-term potential savings. Backed by Amana's extensive warranty coverage, Canadian homeowners will be pleased to know that their expensive investment is equally protected.
Model Comparison by Tier
Although Amana doesn't separate their air conditioners based on tiers, it's clear to see which of their products belong to the premium echelon. Featuring the brand's entire stock of innovations and top of the line components, the Amana AVXC20 is undoubtedly the best air conditioner available from the brand. The ENERGY STAR®-certified unit is the only product in the brand's selection that features variable-speed operation.