Amana ASX16 Review
SEER:Up to 16
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 71.5
Price:$3,500 - $6,200
Tonnage:1.5 to 5
Cooling Capacity:18,000 to 57,000
With its undeniably reliable performance, the Amana ASX16 air conditioner is a mid-range offering from the brand. Featuring a high-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ single-stage compressor, this ENERGY STAR®-certified unit has a SEER rating of up to 16.
The air conditioner's premium copper tubing and aluminum fin condenser coil configuration are able to deliver outstanding heat transfer operation. Meanwhile, a dependable fixed-speed condenser fan motor optimizes quiet airflow while cooling the condensing coil.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3,500 - $6,200
- A SEER performance rating of up to 16
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ single-stage compressor
- The Copeland® CoreSense Diagnostics reduce failures by locating trouble spots for a fast and easy fix
The Bottom Line
Featuring the brand's full range of premium internal components, the Amana ASX16 air conditioner is an impressive mid-range option for those Canadian consumers who want a high-quality unit without breaking the bank. The unit can provide years of reliable cooling comfort thanks to its efficient design and exceedingly effective performance.
Amana ASX16 Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-Stage
- A high-density foam compressor sound blanket keeps noise at a minimum
- The heavy gauge galvanized steel cabinet comes with a sound control top
- The single-panel access to the control system makes service calls easy
The Amana ASX16 air conditioner is able to achieve an impressive SEER performance rating of up to 16. This demonstrates the outstanding functionality of Amana's air conditioner design, the unit operates with the utmost efficiency despite lacking the brand's premium suite of technologies.
Other Key Features
- Designed with a baked-on powder-paint finish to guarantee long-term durability
- Top and side maintenance access streamlines service calls
- The inline filter drier keeps contaminants out of the refrigerant system to ensure optimal efficiency
- Seamless heat transfer is achieved thanks to the premium copper tubing and aluminum fin condenser coil configuration
Despite not ranking among the top of Amana's selection of high-efficiency air conditioners, the ASX16 still receives the brand's premium-grade warranty coverage. This includes a limited lifetime unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Amana
Model Comparison by Features
When compared to the brand's selection of premium air conditioning systems, the Amana ASX16 doesn't come standard with as many top of the line innovations and features. Despite this, the unit still boasts an impressive SEER performance rating of up to 16. Alternatively, the ASX16 receives Copeland® CoreSense Diagnostics to constantly monitor the performance of your air conditioner. This streamlines any potential service calls to save you time and money.
Model Comparison by Price
Thanks to the Amana ASX16's simplified design and single-stage operation, Canadian homeowners will be pleased to learn that this air conditioner is available for a much more reasonable price than the brand's premium-grade products. Although the ASX16 can’t accumulate the same level of savings as the ASXC18 over an extended period of time, consumers will still be able to enjoy its cost-effective performance.
Model Comparison by Tier
As a mid-range offering from Amana, the ASX16 is significantly pared back when compared to the brand's premium-grade products, such as the ASXC18. This difference primarily manifests itself in the wide array of technological add-ons that are available with the ASXC18 and not the ASX16. Additionally, those higher-end products feature adaptable two-stage and variable-speed operations, whereas the simplified ASX16 utilizes a reliable single-speed compressor instead.