Lennox International has been a household name for well over a century, and the company has been a revolutionary leader in the HVAC industry ever since its inception back in 1895. Today, they’re known for making high-quality oil and gas furnaces, including budget-friendly ones, high-efficiency models, and low-emissions furnaces as well.
If you’re one of the many Canadians who have a Lennox furnace keeping your house warm, this quick guide will tell you what you need to know about regular maintenance, getting help from a technician when you need it, and getting the most life out of your heating system.
Furnace filters filter the air being drawn into your heating system, meaning they improve air quality, increase the efficiency of your furnace, and keep contaminants, pollutants, and allergens out of the air. To work effectively, the filters have to be changed every one to three months during the heating season, and here’s how you do that:
- Check your owner’s manual to find out what kind of replacement filter you need for your particular Lennox furnace model.
- When you have the new filter, remove the access panel from the furnace (or slide it open) to get to the filter.
- Slide out the old filter.
- Find the arrows on the new filter and use them as a guide for inserting it, and then slide it into place.
- Close or replace the access panel.