High Efficiency Furnaces in Barrie – Prices, Top Deals & Free Quotes
In the market for a furnace to keep your home cozy in Barrie, Ontario? Investing in a furnace can be overwhelming, especially with the amount of information out there. Our policy is to provide unbiased and honest information so that Canadians can find a furnace that’s right for them. See below for the essential features, trends and offers that will make your search for a furnace in Barrie that much easier.
Average* furnace price in Calgary (including install):
$3200 – $5500
*note many factors can affect price, see further down for details
Barrie, Ontario Statistics
Average Temp. (Summer): 25 degrees Celsius
Average Temp. (Winter): -2 degrees Celsius
Top Canadian Brands by Price Tier
Low Tier – $2,400 + Goodman
Mid Tier – $3,000 + Rheem
Premium Tier – $3,400 + Lennox
Rebates available: Yes
What to look for when choosing a heating & air conditioning contractor
People often fret over the brand of furnace to buy, but the contractor you choose is every bit as important. Not only is the quality of the workmanship and installation crucial to the furnace’s lifespan, the company you choose will be relied on for future servicing and warranty coverage.
Always choose an established company that has:
- Good, independently-verified feedback
- A solid track record and no outstanding disputes
- Verified insurance, licenses, and certifications
- Experienced staff, with manufacturer training
- Registered to offer rebates
Checking all of these things is difficult and time-consuming.
That’s why we’ve already done it for you!
Learn more about our independent local HVAC contractor Certification program, designed to help you get a reliable heating system at a fair price, from reputable local dealers.
Who is Our Top Barrie Air Conditioners Contractor?
Efficient Home Comfort is one of our trusted Certified Local Partners,
- Experience with a range of jobs, from large commercial to residential
- Well-trained and motivated staff
- Great customer feedback
But don’t take our word for it.
Purchasing a High-Efficiency Furnace
Barrie’s cold and snowy winters demand a reliable and effective heating system. Forced-air propane and natural gas furnaces fit the bill and their energy-efficiency will save you money and have less of an impact on the environment.
A furnace’s ENERGY STAR rating will give you information about how energy efficient and environmentally friendly your furnace is. ENERGY STAR products are tested and certified according to strict specifications.
Your particular heating needs will inform which features are most important to you. Are you primarily concerned with tackling drafts, heating multiple levels or air filtration? There are a range of furnaces on the market offering solutions for these situations and more. Automation will make sure your home is always at the optimal temperature and won’t require any extra effort from you.
Price And Overall Value
Purchasing a big ticket item is about finding the best option for your home that will last. Establishing what your needs are, in addition to appropriate sizing, installation and maintenance, will result in the best value for money.
It’s important to feel assured that if something goes wrong with your furnace, the company will stand by its product. Warranties will vary based on type and length of guarantee, but standard warranties will offer a 10 year warranty on parts and a lifetime, or limited lifetime, guarantee on heat exchangers.
The banging on and off the heating system is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Many furnaces on the market today offer innovative noise-reduction technology to minimize disruption in your home and keep you comfortable, without the racket.
Check out our Best High-Efficiency Furnace Rankings for a comparison of the best brands. We’ve done our homework and scored each brand based on efficiency, features, price, types and warranty, so you don’t have to!
Despite only having a population of just under 150,000, there are almost 100 heating and cooling companies competing for business in Barrie. Competition is a good thing for you and can result in some great deals, if you shop around.
Government Rebates Available
In Ontario, the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) – formerly the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) – offers a variety of rebates with its Save on Energy program. Rebates range from up to $250 for installing a new ENERGY STAR high-efficiency furnace with an ECM (electronically commutated motor) to help for low income energy consumers. Enbridge Gas and Hydro One also offer one-time upgrade rebates.
Check out the latest rebates available for residents of Barrie, Ontario.
Looking to Replace Your Furnace?
Get a free custom estimate from trusted local suppliers.
See why FurnacePrices.ca is Canada’s leading provider of heating & cooling information, including unbiased product evaluations, and step by step buyer guides.
Popular Furnace Brands
Knowing what furnaces other residents are buying can give you a clue about what works best for Barrie’s climate and can also mean that repairs will be quicker and easier, as knowledgeable service technicians and parts will be more readily available.
People living in Barrie, Ontario most often bought a furnace by:
Proper installation, by a licensed professional, is required to make sure that your furnace works well and reliably. An experienced and trusted installation service will be able to advise you on the best heating system for your particular home.
Save More on Your Monthly Bills
We all want to keep more money in our pockets and, though heating your home is an inescapable expense, there are things you can do to reduce your energy costs. We’ve got some fresh ideas to help you save on your monthly heating bills:
- Look at your daily routines – Adjust your thermostat, depending on the time of day. Reduce temperatures during the day when the house is empty or overnight when everyone is snuggled in their beds. Lowering the temperature of your home, even by as little as one degree, can result in energy, and cost, savings.
- Automate to make things easy – Automated settings on your thermostat will mean you won’t even have to think about it. Many smart thermostats are on the market right now, but even older models allow for time set temperature adjustments. Newer models will automatically lower temperatures when you step out the door, making mornings that much easier. With integrated mobile apps, you can also monitor or adjust the temperature of your home, from wherever you are.
- Make sure your furnace is in tip-top shape – When is the last time that you changed your furnace’s air filter? Is your furnace overdue for servicing? A service call will make sure that your home heating system is clean and running at maximum efficiency. Many HVAC providers offer competitive or reoccuring service packages.
- Organize the basement – Stuff seems to multiply overnight in basements, but make sure you keep the area around your furnace clear. Not only is this a safety issue, but it will also allow for greater airflow and, therefore greater efficiency, from your furnace. Although this is somewhat less crucial with modern furnaces, which don’t primarily draw in air directly from the area surrounding the furnace, it’s still a good idea. It makes your furnace more accessible when servicing and cleaning is required, and reduces the chance of accidental damage or disruption of your furnace’s operation.
- Tackle drafts and keep the heat in – Look for drafts around your home and prevent heat loss with weather stripping and clear plastic sheeting over windows, as well as window and door draft stoppers. Open blinds and curtains during the day to let heat in and close them at night to keep precious heat from escaping.
- Consider upgrading to a high-efficiency furnace – Over the longer term, a high-efficiency furnace will be more cost-effective to operate due to lower heating bills. Propane and gas are less expensive than electricity and burn more completely than oil. Holding on to your old and inefficient furnace can be a false economy, especially if you already have an existing forced air system. While conversion can be costly, in the short term, deals and rebates can help offset the outlay.
- Think of your home in terms of zones – If you have a multi-zone furnace system, make the most of it and set it to automate energy savings. Consider how often each area of your home is used and set the thermostat lower for those that are less used. If your furnace does not have this feature, recreate the effect by closing doors to rooms that are used less often and consider closing the vents in those rooms, as well. Be careful not to keep your basement too cold, however, as that can make your first floor feel chilly.
High-Efficiency Furnace Pricing
Average furnace in Barrie (including install): $3200 – $4500
When it comes to purchasing a new heating system, price will be dependent on individual home needs, sizing and which pricing tier you wish to purchase in (we divide price in to the categories of value, mid-range and premium). Many HVAC providers also offer free estimates, monthly payment programs and financing opportunities.
Rates and fees will vary from contractor to contractor depending on the financing partner they use. Typically you’ll be able to pay off your new furnace over a number of years, with monthly payments in the $40 to $100 range, depending on the length of the term.
General City Information
Barrie, Ontario is a mid-sized city in Central Ontario perched on the western shores of Lake Simcoe, resulting in cold, snowy winters. Located just over 100km from Toronto, Barrie has long been considered a bedroom community for the metropolis, but still has much to offer in itself. With sandy beaches for summer fun and a prime location in the Ontario Snow Belt for winter sports, Barrie offers year-round adventure.
Barrie & Surrounding Areas
- New Tecumseh
- The Blue Mountains
- Wasaga Beach
Barrie Certified Local Partner:
Over 20+ Years of experience In HVAC, Windows & Doors, And Home Renovations