Daikin DC97MC Review
AFUE:Up to 97%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$5,160 - $6,000
BTU Output:58,200 - 97,000
Daikin touts the DC97MC Modulating, Variable-Speed ComfortNet™ Communicating Systems Furnace as their best furnace, one that will reliably keep your home warm for many winters to come.
In A Nutshell
Average price (installed): $5,160 - $6,000
- Efficient variable-speed airflow and modulating burner
- Multiple continuous fan speed options
- Extensive warranty coverage
The Bottom Line
This modulating furnace is the top of the line for Daikin and offers all the advanced features of a high-efficiency furnace, at a mid-range price point.
Daikin DC97MC Product Specifications:
- Sub-models available: 0603BNA, 0803BNA, 0804CNA, 1005CNA
- AFUE: 97%
- BTU input: 60,000-100,000
- BTU output: 58,200-97,000
- Compressor type: Modulating, Variable-Speed ECM
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Durable Silicon Nitride igniter
- Heavy-duty stainless-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Heavy-gauge steel cabinet with durable finish
- Auto-Comfort and enhanced dehumidification modes available
- Cabinet air leakage (QLeak) ≤ 2%
Efficient variable-speed airflow and modulating burner - This modulating furnace will continuously read the temperature of your home, adjusting the fan speed and gas burner incrementally to deliver the most precise and consistent home heating, meaning energy bill savings for you.
Multiple continuous fan speed options - This furnace has a significantly reduced noise factor, compared with other brands and models. Because the DC97MC fan never has to accelerate from an “off” position to full speed, there is none of the banging or operational racket.
Extensive warranty coverage - Daikin is unique in the furnace market, offering a one-year problem resolution guarantee. In addition, the Daikin DC97MC has a 12-year unit replacement limited warranty and a 12-year parts limited warranty.
Other Key Features
- ENERGY STAR ® Certified
- Durable tubular stainless-steel heat exchanger
- Secondary stainless-steel heat exchanger
- Fully insulated heat exchanger and blower section
- Utilizes ComfortNet™ communicating, two-stage or single-stage thermostats
- Self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a dual 7-segment display
The Daikin Comfort Promise stands not only behind its products but also its dealers. If you are unsatisfied, for any reason, within a year of your professional installation of your Daikin furnace, the installer will return, free of charge, and resolve any issues you are having.
This unit is also covered by:
- Lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty
- 12-year unit replacement limited warranty
- 12-year parts limited warranty
Comparable Models by The Same Brand
By lower price: Daikin DC97MC vs. Daikin DM92SS
While the Daikin DC97MC offers full-feature energy efficiency, the DM92SS’s exchanger cabinet is foil-faced insulated.. The DM92SS also offers a single-speed induced draft blower to the DC97MC’s multiple continuous fan speed options.
Daikin stands behind both units, but only the Daikin DC97MC has a 12-year unit replacement limited warranty.
By features: Daikin DC97MC vs. Daikin DM97MC
These two models offer ENERGY STAR level efficiency. The DM97MC edges its competitor out by offering slightly higher energy efficiency, 97-98% AFUE. Both are dual-stage furnaces with variable-speed ECMs, but the Daikin DC97MC has a modulating burner. Both are highly efficient, but the Daikin DC97MC is just that much more precise.
By tier: Daikin DC97MC vs. Daikin DC96HS
While the DC97MC boasts an AFUE of 97%, the model in the lower tier tops out with 95-96%. The sole energy efficient feature of the DC96HS is the fully insulated heat exchanger and blower section. The DC96HS offers a single-speed induced draft blower to the DC97MC’s multiple continuous fan speed options.
The warranty for the more modest model is similar, in that it also has a lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty and a 12-year parts limited warranty. The unit replacement limited warranty is only 6 years, however.