The 59SP5A is an energy-efficient furnace with a multi-speed blower that can do much more than just improve comfort levels in your home. Used in conjunction with the right air-conditioning system, it can effectively keep your home comfortable AND energy-efficient, helping you save a significant amount of money right through the year.
The Ideal Humidity® System technology used in this furnace improves summer dehumidification and enhances comfort. Not only is the system effective and efficient, but affordable too.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,835 – $6,170
- AFUE rating- 96.3-96.5%
- BTU input is 40,000-120,000
- BTU output is 39,000-117,000
- Monoport burners
- Hybrid Heat® compatible
The Bottom Line
This furnace is a great performer with quiet operation, high energy-efficiency and various functions that improve the comfort level of the indoor spaces. Its ideal height of 35” is an advantage as the system can be easily installed in tight spaces. Even heating and compatibility with different cooling systems provide you the high value you are looking for in your new furnace.
Carrier Performance™ Series 59SP5A
- High-efficiency, ECM blower motor with multi-speed functionality significantly enhances comfort levels
- Humidistat™ Control compatibility
- Pilot-free, hot-surface PowerHeat™ ignition
- Silicon Nitride Power Heat™ Igniter
- Self-diagnostics with the SuperBrite LED
Other Key Features
- When installed along with a humidifier as a complete performance system, the 59SP5A provides outstanding year-round humidity management
- Options to set different fan speeds in the “constant ON” setting
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger
- Self-diagnostics with SuperBrite LED.
- 10 year limited parts warranty
- Lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger (up to 20 years)
- You may purchase an additional labor warranty
Energy Efficiency Features
- High-efficiency basic ECM multiple-speed blower motor for electrically efficient operation all year long in heating, cooling and continuous fan operation
- Monoport Burners-The burners are specially designed and finely tuned for smooth, quiet combustion and economical operation
- Fully insulated cabinet
- Hybrid Heat® compatible
Noise Reducing Features
This furnace uses the QuieTech™ noise reduction technology. It also comes in a fully-insulated cabinet that significantly reduces sound levels. The quietness of this system also comes from its variable-speed ECM blower motor. The sealed combustion system adds to its quiet operation as it brings in combustion air from the outside of the furnace.
Temperature Control Features
Its SmartEvap™ technology works in conjunction with your cooling system to improve summer dehumidification. ComfortFan™ technology allows you a choice of fan-speeds in the “Constant ON” mode. The Ideal Humidity System® technology improves summer dehumidification.
Comparable Models by Carrier
Model Comparison by Features
The 59SP5A has an AFUE rating of 96.3-96.5% while the 59SC2A has an AFUE rating of 92.1% which means the former has much better heating efficiency. Both the 59SC2A and the 59SP5A are part of the budget furnace range from Carrier and have a similar BTU input of 40,000-120,000. Since both these systems have monoport burners and come in well-insulated cabinets, they help ensure quiet operation.
Model Comparison by Price
The average price for a Carrier furnace, including installation is typically in the $3,500 – $6,000 with a variance of about $300 – $500 between models. The residential installations of these furnaces may also be eligible for financing, depending on the contractor you purchase from.
Model Comparison by Premium Tier
The 59SP5A is a low-cost furnace when compared to the premium tier Greenspeed® Intelligence 59MN7A which has an AFUE rating of 97.2-98.5%. This sets it higher on the heating efficiency parameter compared to the Carrier Performance™ Series 59SP5A. But this low budget furnace offers excellent comfort and energy-efficiency.