York YXV Review
SEER:Up to 21
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 53
Price:$4500 - $5500+
Tonnage:2 to 5
The Affinity™ Series YXV air conditioner belongs to the premium-tier line offered by York. This model is the most advanced of its peers, with an impressive ENERGY STAR®-certified (SEER) Rating of up to 20 and Climate Set™ technology which allows for fine-tuning the system’s operation for either Dry, Normal, or Humid climates.
Perhaps the most integral part of this system is the proprietary Wi-Fi Hx™ thermostat interface, which enables consumers to monitor and adjust their system from anywhere in the world. These state-of-the-art features operate noiselessly, thanks to the QuietDrive™ Sound Reduction System which reduces sound levels to whisper-quiet production.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4500 - $5500+
- SEER rating of up to 20
- QuietDrive™ Sound Reduction System which neutralizes sound to a whisper
- ENERGY STAR®-certified
- Charge Assurance™ built-in touch screen displaying the overall condition of the system
The Bottom Line
The Affinity™ Series YXV is on the front lines of innovative air conditioning technology. Its energy-saving amenities and remarkably high SEER rating ensure that you’ll significantly cut energy costs at a much higher rate than older models.
The Affinity™ Series YXV Specifications:
- Compressor type: Variable-capacity
- ECM Fan Motor designed to balance heat exchange and minimize power consumption
- Easy Service Access provides full corner access to the inside of the unit
- Next-generation refrigerant R-410A for zero ozone depletion
The Affinity™ Series YXV is York’s top-of-the-line air conditioning system. With a variable-capacity compressor, you can adjust the cooling level to match your desired degree of comfort. Additionally, this model is user-friendly with a High-Efficiency Outdoor Coil that allows for easy cleaning, low restriction to airflow, and efficient heat exchange.
Other Key Features
- High-quality powder paint finishes rated at 1000hrs. salt spray promises the best protection from corrosion and harm UV rays
- Swept Wing Fan design provides reduced sound production by allowing smoother, more efficient airflow
- Removable two-piece steel extruded louver coil guard protects the tube-in-fin coil from debris and physical damage
- Corrosion-resistant copper solid core liquid line filter-drier removes harmful debris and moisture from the system
Canadian customers can rest assured thanks to York’s premium-grade warranty coverage. The Affinity™ Series YXV comes with a premium extended 10-years limited parts warranty, an extended lifetime limited compressor warranty, and a 1-year labour limited warranty.
Comparable Models by York
Model Comparison by Features
Compared to the capable CZH model from York’s Affinity™ Series line, you’ll notice that the YXV Model is the more advanced of the two. This is due largely to its higher SEER rating, more versatile Variable-capacity compressor, and the special Climate Set™ feature for a more fine-tuned performance.
Model Comparison by Price
The Affinity™ Series YXV, offers the most elaborate features of York’s Affinity™ line, and therefore comes at a higher cost than the other models, such as the Affinity™ Series CZH. However, due to its higher SEER rating, the YXV model offers a better long-term saving.
Model Comparison by Tier
Compared to York’s other lines, the Affinity™ Series is its premium-grade line. Since the Affinity™ Series YXV is the most advanced of this line, it holds the highest place on York’s air conditioning hierarchy and offers the finest amenities.