York YFE Review
SEER:Up to 14
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Decibel Level:As low as 70
Price:$2800 - $4500
Tonnage:1.5 to 5
Cooling Capacity:17,800 to 56,000
In order to help homeowners shop for furnaces and air conditioners, we developed our own proprietary algorithms which weigh a range of criteria and factors to provide an easy-to-compare grade (e.g. B-, A+, etc).
Warranty Grade: It can be difficult to know which brands and models offer the best warranty coverage, particularly because a lot of the key details are hidden in dense warranty documents filled with hard to understand legalese. Thankfully for you, we’ve carefully studied them and created this grading system to account for things like the length AND quality of their guarantee, coverage restrictions and more!
Overall Grade: This grade weighs key factors like efficiency, ENERGY STAR certification, comfort, noise level (for A/Cs), our warranty grade, and more.
Get instant access by creating a FREE account in seconds! (Plus get all these extra benefits)
Or Log In here
Please note, this model appears to have been discontinued by the manufacturer, although it may still be available for purchase through distributors and contractors for some time.
With York’s LX™ Series YFE split system air conditioner, Canadian homeowners will feel cool and comfortable during those hot summer months. This model has a SEER rating of up to 14, allowing customers to save more than you would with the older 10 SEER models.
Featuring a factory installed filter drier with copper construction that absorbs contaminants so your system can deliver a longer-lasting performance. Additionally, the system’s compressors are secured internally by a high-pressure relief valve and a temperature sensor for that extra protection.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2800 – $4500
- A SEER rating of up to 14
- High-efficiency scroll compressors ensure smooth operation
- CFC-free R-410A produces zero ozone depletion for environmentally friendly performance
- 76 dBA or lower sound design for hushed sound production
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a reliable, budget-friendly air conditioning system, then the LX™ Series YFE is perfect for you. With this model, you can enjoy cooling comfort without all the noise thanks to its sleek design that reduces sound production to 76 dBA or lower for quieter performance.
LX™ Series – YFE Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Factory installed filter-drier, and factory charge for a 15ft line set ensures less tedious system maintenance
- Top-quality enhanced aluminum fins are mechanically bonded to copper tubing
- QR code located on the unit for better accessibility to technical documents and warranty information
The LX™ Series YFE is durable and user-friendly with the help of open-access diagonal base valves, single panel access to electrical controls, and a removable fan guard for greater accessibility. This means you can access the system controls on the rare occasion that maintenance is necessary.
Other Key Features
- Coated steel wire fan guard, coasted external fasteners, and pre-treated G90-equivalent galvanized steel chassis designed for resistance to corrosion and rusting
- Ball bearing fan motors resist extreme temperatures for long-lasting performance
- Warm air blows up and away from the structure to enable multi-unit application in compact locations
- Liquid line filter-drier fights off harmful contaminants
Backed by York’s standard warranty plan, the LX™ Series YFE will put Canadian consumers will feel at ease with a 5-year limited parts warranty, a 10-year limited compressor warranty, as well as a 1-year labour limited warranty.
Comparable Models by York
Model Comparison by Features
When it comes to features, the LX™ Series YFE doesn’t come with as many options as a more advanced model like the LX™ Series YCG. Unlike the YCG model, the YFE isn’t ENERGY STAR®-certified, but it still maintains a relatively high SEER Rating which ensures that you’ll save on energy costs.
Model Comparison by Price
As a member of York’s economy line of air conditioners, the LX™ Series YFE is more budget-friendly than the YCG model, which belongs to a more advanced line. However, while the YFE model comes at a lower initial cost, Canadian consumers will be able to save more with the YCG model due to its higher SEER Rating.
Model Comparison by Tier
The LX™ Series YFE falls under York’s lower tier of air conditioners, as it doesn’t include as many frills as the premium Affinity™ Series models, and is not ENERGY STAR-certified like its more advanced LX™ Series counterparts. Nevertheless, the YFE model is ideal for customers looking for a simple yet reliable, budget-friendly model.