York YCG Review
SEER:Up to 17
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$5,335 - $8,450
Tonnage:1.5 to 5
Cooling Capacity:18,000 to 60,000
York’s LX™ Series YCG air conditioning system promises the utmost durability and efficiency provided by the popular LX™ line. Offering ENERGY STAR® coil-only ratings in all tonnages and a SEER Rating of up to 17, this system is designed for optimal performance without harming the environment.
You can save a lot more on long-term costs with the LX™ Series YCG thanks to its innovative energy-saving technology. The system’s microchannel aluminum coil technology uses an improved material system for greater reliability and smaller unit sizes. This way, your unit will operate more efficiently with a smaller outdoor footprint.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $5,335 - $8,450
- SEER rating of up to 17 promises 27% reduction in energy use
- ECM ball bearing fan motors preserve performance ability in harsh temperatures
- Environmentally friendly CFC-free R-410A refrigerant for zero ozone depletion
- ENERGY STAR®-certified
The Bottom Line
The LX™ Series YCG has it all: durability, accessibility, cost-efficiency, and reliability. In addition to its top-quality features, this unit is easy to install thanks to independent panels and easy power and control wiring access. Canadian consumers will also spend less time charging the system with the factory installed filter drier that cleans out unwanted materials.
LX™ Series – YCG Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Design sound performance of 74 dBA for lower operating sound levels
- Compressors protected by high-pressure relief valve and temperature to ensure performance longevity
- Diagonal base valves with open access and swing out control box for easier access during maintenance
York’s LX™ Series split system air conditioners are manufactured to enhance your level of comfort. With the liquid line filter-drier that protects the compressor against harmful contaminants, you won’t have to spend unwanted time cleaning out and repairing your air conditioning system.
Other Key Features
- QR code optimizes accessibility to technical documents and warranty information
- Pre-treated G90-equivalent galvanized Coated steel chassis components built to resist creep and corrosion for a longer-lasting finish
- Coils protected with stamped steel coil design
- Warm air is blown up and away from the structure which allows the unit to fit in more compact locations
This model is covered by one of the best-limited warranty packages out there. Canadian homeowners will be reassured, as the LX™ Series YCG comes with an extended 10-years limited parts warranty, a standard 10-year limited compressor warranty, and a one-year labour limited warranty.
Comparable Models by York
Model Comparison by Features
Assessing the features of the LX™ Series YCG in comparison the Affinity™ Series CZH, you’ll see that the YCG system is the lesser of the two. While it offers a considerable amount of special features, the YCG does not have Quietdrive™ technology to reach the same levels of sound reduction. However, the YCG model maintains a comfortable level of quiet for the home.
Model Comparison by Price
In terms of pricing, the LX™ Series YCG is a part of York’s more affordable line. This has made the LX™ Series most popular among York’s consumers, as the YCG still maintains an impressively high SEER Rating whilst also having a cheaper initial cost than the Affinity™ Series.
Model Comparison by Tier
The LX™ Series YCG belongs to a middle range line offered by York. While it doesn’t have all the frills of a model like an Affinity™ Series CZH, it has an upgraded SEER Rating and more advanced technology than York’s economy models.