York TCHD Review
SEER:Up to 13
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 70
Price:$4,225 - $6,700
Tonnage:1.5 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,000 - 60,000
The Affinity™ Series TCHD air conditioning system is a model belonging to York’s premium line. This model prides itself in durability and versatility, with a considerable ENERGY STAR®-certified (SEER) Rating that can be enhanced up to 16.0 SEER when combined with an ECM indoor blower.
This model is ideal for homeowners with a tight space, thanks to its “slim-line” design which allows for installation in compact areas. The horizontal discharge shape of the Affinity™ Series TCHD even allows the units to be stacked two-high with an approved stacking kit.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4,225 - $6,700
- SEER rating of up to 13
- ENERGY STAR®-certified
- Environmentally-friendly refrigerant R-410A for performance with zero ozone depletion
- Swept-wing condenser fan allows for more efficient and smooth airflow for reduced noise
The Bottom Line
Designed for maximum practicality, the Affinity™ Series TCHD achieves this without so much as a peep thanks to the QuietDrive™ sound reduction system. This feature uses a combination of a swept wing fan, rigid base pan, isolated compressor compartment and quiet scroll compressor for whisper-quiet performance.
Affinity Series™ – TCHD Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- QuietDrive™ system combines components for quieter performance
- High-pressure switch and low-pressure switch for a greater range
- Coil made with aluminum microchannel tubing and aluminum fins for corrosion resistance and compact sizing
York wants homeowners to have their air conditioning system for as long as possible, which is why the Affinity™ Series TCHD comes with an automotive-grade powder “champagne” coloured coating for an attractive, long-lasting finish.
Other Key Features
- Factory-supplied filter-drier keeps the system clean for long-lasting performance
- Accumulator and crankcase heater that comes in all sizes
- Top-of-the-line cabinet construction to maximize performance longevity
- Zero lot line that requires only 6” minimum of clearance from the structure during home alterations
Canadian customers will have peace of mind with York’s top-of-the-line warranty coverage. The Affinity™ Series TCHD is backed by one of the best-limited warranties out there, with an extended 10-years limited parts and a standard 10-year limited compressor warranty when you register online within 90 days of installation.
Comparable Models by York
Model Comparison by Features
In terms of features, the Affinity™ Series TCHD does not come with as many frills as other models in the Affinity™ line, such as the Affinity™ Series CZF. While both models have a single stage compressor, the CZF has a higher SEER Rating of up to 16 and offers more high-tech amenities. However, the TCHD can fit into tighter spaces and is more optimal for homeowners with smaller homes or lots.
Model Comparison by Price
When it comes to the initial cost, the Affinity™ Series TCHD is the lowest on the spectrum for York’s premium line. It comes at a lower initial cost than the Affinity™ Series CZF, however, its lower SEER Rating of up to 13 will save less in the long-run than the CZF.
Model Comparison by Tier
But don’t let its low cost fool you, the Affinity™ Series TCHD still belongs to York’s premium tier air conditioning line. In comparison to the LX™ series YCG, the most advanced model of its line, the TCHD boasts a quietness that is unachievable for the YCG model thanks to innovative QuietDrive™ technology.