York CZH Review
SEER:Up to 18
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 69
Price:$3,705 - $4,580
Tonnage:2 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,000 to 60,000
With an ENERGY STAR®-certified (SEER) Rating of up to 18, the Affinity™ Series CZH will impress Canadian consumers with its energy-saving abilities and innovative sound reduction technology. Included with the Affinity™ Series CZH is the QuietDrive™ System which uses a combination of features to reduce sound to a mere whisper.
This model offers Canadian homeowners the ability to communicate remotely with their air conditioning unit thanks to the Touch Screen Communicating Control. This feature has a dual-functionality, providing real-time visibility of system operation, as well as the ability to function with a traditional thermostat.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3,705 - $4,580
- SEER rating of up to 18
- QuietDrive™ System designed to reduce sound to a mere whisper
- ENERGY STAR®-certified
- Two-stage compressor safeguarded against abnormal temperatures and pressures
The Bottom Line
Among York’s premium grade line of air conditioners, the Affinity™ Series CZH is designed for both efficiency and comfort. It utilizes Comfort Alert™ diagnostics so that the system can monitor compressor activity to give customers peace of mind.
Affinity Series™ – CZH Specifications:
- Compressor type: Two-stage
- Next-generation refrigerant R-410A protects the environment with zero ozone depletion
- Swept Wing Fan reduces sound by allowing air to flow smoothly and efficiently
- Touch Screen Communicating Control allows for remote control of system operation
The Affinity™ Series CZH offers Canadian consumers the best of both worlds with its top tier amenities and cost-effective energy-saving technology. This model also delivers enhanced accessibility during installation, providing a slide-down compartment that maximizes accessibility to all components of the system.
Other Key Features
- Stamped, decorative metal coil guard protects tube-in-fin coil ensures long term durability by keeping contaminants out
- Molded composite bulkhead reduces sound and vibration by isolating refrigeration components and compressor
- Factory-installed, solid core liquid line filter-drier extracts harmful debris and moisture
- Low RPM ECM Fan Motor reduces airflow noise
York’s Affinity™ Series ensures peace of mind for Canadian consumers with premium-grade warranty coverage. A premium backs the Affinity™ Series CZF extended 10-years limited parts warranty and an extended Lifetime limited compressor warranty when registered online within 90 days of installation.
Comparable Models by York
Model Comparison by Features
When comparing the CZH model to the Affinity™ Series CZF, there seems to be almost no difference between the two. However, the CZH model has a higher SEER Rating of up to 18 and a more advanced compressor as opposed to the single-stage compressor of the CZF model.
Model Comparison by Price
Cost-wise, the CZH model is around the medium to high range in the Affinity™ Series line. Compared to the Affinity™ Series YXV, the CZH model comes at a lower cost as it offers fewer features. However, its lower SEER Rating is slightly less cost-effective in the long term.
Model Comparison by Tier
The Affinity™ Series CZH is a premium range air conditioner, so in comparison to the LX Series™ YCG, the top air conditioner from York’s more affordable line, you’ll notice the CZH model offers more amenities and more excellent warranty coverage.