KeepRite ProComfort™ Series C4A3 Review
SEER:Up to 13
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Decibel Level:As low as 71
Price:$2800 - $4500
This model belongs to KeepRite’s budget-friendly ProComfort™ line. The ProComfort™ Series C4A3 is an affordable and reliable air conditioner, that’s ideal for Canadian customers on a budget. To promote a long-lasting performance, the C4A3 comes with a durable, tight wire grille and corner post construction to prevent premature damage to your unit. This way, you can enjoy cooling comfort for as long as possible.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2800 - $4500
- SEER rating of up to 13
- Features durable components to withstand unwanted contaminants and damage
- EER rating of up to 11
The Bottom Line
The ProComfort™ Series C4A3 is a no-nonsense central air conditioner that performs at the level of efficiency and reliability that’s necessary to get the job done. Despite its modest cost, the C4A3 offers special technology for enhanced cooling performance, such as sound reduction technology that can reduce sound production to as low as 71 decibels.
ProComfort™ Series – C4A3 Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage scroll compressor
- Environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant that contributes zero ozone depletion
- Enhanced sound reduction technology, including a soft-mounted compressor and acoustic-absorbing compressor blanket
- Summer dehumidification features to eliminate balminess on hot days
With the ProComfort™ Series C4A3, you won’t have to worry about excessive maintenance to your system. The C4A3 has a built-in filter drier that’s designed to filter out unwanted contaminants and debris. This reduces overall maintenance time and allows you to spend your time doing something else.
Other Key Features
- High-efficiency two-speed fan motor on most models (2 and 2 1/1 ton models come with a single speed fan motor)
- Compatible with most cooling thermostats, for better access to system controls
- Filter drier designed for enhanced system protection
- Tight wire grilled panels allow for easier access to coils during cleaning
Back by a comprehensive warranty package provided by KeepRite, Canadian customers will be granted that extra reassurance when they purchase the ProComfort™ Series C4A3. This model comes equipped with a premium 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty and an additional 1-Year No Hassle Replacement™ Limited Warranty for that extra peace of mind.
Comparable Models by KeepRite
Model Comparison by Features
When comparing the ProComfort™ Series C4A3 to the other models in KeepRite’s ProComfort™ line, it’s clear that this model offers less than its counterparts. The CSA6 and CSA5 are Wi-Fi compatible, which means they offer remote access to the system that the C4A3 cannot achieve.
Model Comparison by Price
The ProComfort™ Series C4A3 is designed for customers on a budget, so it comes at a lower initial cost than a deluxe model like the CVA9. However, the C4A3 comes with a low SEER rating for a model in its tier and therefore does not promise the same long-term energy saving as a more advanced more.
Model Comparison by Tier
Standing on middle ground, the ProComfort™ Series C4A3 offers fewer features, such as Wi-Fi compatibility or Occupancy Sensors than a higher tier model, but it remains relatively affordable given its sound reduction technology and durable finish.