Daikin DX18TC Review
SEER:Up to 19
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$5000 - $6000+
The premium-grade Daikin DX18TC is one of the brand's top air conditioning models. The unit's ENERGY STAR®-certified SEER performance rating of up to 19 makes it ideal for Canadian consumers who want an especially high performing system for their home.
The DX18TC model operates at the efficiency that it does thanks in part to the two-stage Copeland® Scroll™ UltraTech™ compressor with an advanced Copeland® CoreSense™ diagnostics system. By working in tandem, the compressor is able to maximize its performance while conserving energy to save you money.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $5000 - $6000+
- A SEER performance rating of up to 19
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ UltraTech™ two-stage compressor
- The ComfortNet™ Communications System gives homeowners precision control of your system's features, performance, and diagnostics
The Bottom Line
Not only does the Daikin DX18TC come outfitted with many expertly engineered internal components, the air conditioner offers Canadian consumers a wide selection of technological features. Included among these is the brand's ComfortNet™ Communicating System which brings more control to the homeowner, allowing for enhanced diagnostics and performance operation.
Daikin DX18TC Specifications:
- Compressor type: Two-Stage
- The Copeland® CoreSense™ Diagnostics provide continuous system monitoring to optimize your air conditioner's functionality
- A heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet features a grille-style sound control top
- The high-density foam compressor sound blanket further reduces noise
The Daikin DX18TC’s built with long-term durability in mind. This is demonstrated through the system's incredibly strong and safe cabinet design. The heavy-gauge galvanized-steel exterior is given a custom Nickel Gray powder-paint finish to give further durability. Meanwhile, the DX18TC offers consumers peace of mind thanks to its 500-hour salt-spray testing that guarantees not only long-lasting efficiency but a sharp appearance as well.
Other Key Features
- The filter drier keeps the refrigerant system contaminant-free to promise long-lasting reliability
- Top and side maintenance access to make service calls easy
- A steel louver coil guard adds protection while allowing for simple coil cleaning
- The powder-paint finish guarantees long-term durability
Backed by Daikin comprehensive warranty coverage, Canadian consumers will certainly have peace of mind should they decide to invest in the DX18TC air conditioner. The high-efficiency unit’s covered by a limited 12-year unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 12-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models from Daikin
Model Comparison by Features
Compared to the Daikin DX20VC air conditioner, the DX18TC model might seem as though it’s missing some components. This is due to the DX20VC's superior advanced Daikin variable-speed compressor with inverter technology as well as Inside Intelligence. These systems are able to work together to deliver an unrivalled level of cooling comfort. Meanwhile, the DX18TC offers Canadians a pair of Copeland® technologies and components.
Model Comparison by Price
Although the Daikin DX18TC will cost Canadian homeowners less money upfront than the DX20VC air conditioning system, consumers will find that over the course of a couple of years the DX20VC will be able to generate drastically more savings. This is thanks to the system's impressively low operating costs. However, Canadian consumers are certain to still be very satisfied with the DX18TC's performance rate as the air conditioner is very efficient.
Model Comparison by Tier
As some of Daikin's most efficient air conditioning systems, both the DX18TC and the DX20VC offer Canadian consumers an impressive package of available features and components to deliver cool comfort to their homes. To prove their full confidence and bring Canadian homeowners peace of mind, Daikin goes above and beyond the competition to offer such an extensive warranty coverage on their premium-grade air conditioning products.