Daikin DX16SA Review
SEER:Up to 16
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$4500 - $5500
The Daikin DX16SA air conditioner is an impressive entry-level unit that's able to boast a SEER performance rating of up to 16. The unit features a high-efficiency Copeland® single-stage scroll compressor to deliver ENERGY STAR®-certified cooling comfort for your entire home.
Thanks to the DX16SA air conditioner's heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet with a grille-style sound control top, Canadian homeowners will be able to enjoy the unit's great efficiency without the added noise production. Meanwhile, the factory-installed filter drier keeps contaminants out of the refrigerant system to further increase the air conditioner's long-term reliability.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4500 - $5500
- A SEER performance rating of up to 16
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® single-stage scroll compressor
- Designed with Copeland® CoreSense™ Diagnostics to make service calls quick and easy by providing certified technicians with the information they need
The Bottom Line
Despite being an entry-level air conditioner, the DX6SA is still able to enjoy a slightly trimmed version of Daikin's outstanding warranty coverage. Due to this, as well as the air conditioner's intuitive design, Canadian consumers can rest assured knowing their cooling system is adequately covered.
Daikin DX16SA Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-Stage
- The premium copper tubing and aluminum fin condenser coil provide impressive heat transfer configuration
- An acoustically engineered sound control blanket provides quiet operation
- A steel louver coil guard adds strength while making coil cleaning simple
The Daikin DX16SA air conditioner's reliable single-stage operation guarantees that Canadian consumers will be able to enjoy simply cooling comfort during even the hottest of summers. Additionally, thanks to Copeland® CoreSense™ diagnostics, the DX16SA will be able to maximize its efficiency while remaining easy to tune and fix should any issues arise.
Other Key Features
- The galvanized-steel cabinet comes with a sound control top keeps noise down
- The rust-resistant coated screws add further durability
- Top and side maintenance access makes service calls easy
- The single-speed ECM condenser fan motor promises quiet, efficient performance
As mentioned above, the Daikin DX16SA air conditioner receives a slightly reduced version of the brand's premium-grade warranty despite only being an economy-tier model. This level of confidence should give Canadians complete peace of mind. The coverage includes a limited 6-year unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 12-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Daikin
Model Comparison by Features
As an entry-level unit, the Daikin DX16SA doesn't receive the brand's full range of technological add-ons that are found on the superior DX18TC air conditioner. Despite this, Canadian consumers will still be pleased to see that the affordable DX16SA comes standard with Copeland® CoreSense™ diagnostics to guarantee the long-term efficiency of their Copeland® single-stage scroll compressor.
Model Comparison by Price
Canadian homeowners will be happy to know that the Daikin DX16SA is available to them at an affordable price. Thanks to the air conditioner's efficient performance, the DX16SA promises cost-effective long-term value. However, compared to the premium-grade DX18TC, the DX16SA can’t generate the same level of savings.
Model Comparison by Tier
Out of Daikin's selection of entry-level air conditioners, the DX16SA is by far one of the most efficient available. Not only does it offer the strongest SEER performance rating of these affordable models, it's also the only economy-tier air conditioner to receive ENERGY STAR certification.