Armstrong 4SCU20LX Review
SEER:Up to 20
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 65
Price:$2,050 - $4,560
Tonnage:2 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,000 to 57,000
Armstrong’s 4SCU20LX is a great air conditioner if you’re living in an environment with extreme summer temperatures and you want an investment that will cool your home and save you money on energy bills. It is a variable-speed air conditioner that has a 20 SEER and is compatible with Comfort Sync technology that gives you control over your environment from your phone. The unit is quiet and reliable, as it’s made with materials that are durable and will last a long time.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2,050 - $4,560
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- SEER rating of 20
- Variable-stage compressor
- Comfort Sync Thermostat
The Bottom Line
The 4SCU20LX is a durable unit that should last a long time with a little maintenance. There are a lot of qualities in this air conditioner that make it an ideal home cooling appliance, especially since the variable-speed compressor can pick the exact amount of power that is required to cool your home down at a minimum cost. It is incredibly efficient and can save you money on energy bills.
Armstrong 4SCU13LB Specifications:
- Compressor type: Variable-stage
- Compressor protection keeps the unit from damaging itself from unsafe high or low pressures that can contaminate or break your air conditioner
- Comfort Sync thermostat lets you change temperature from anywhere and alerts you to repairs and maintenance that need your attention
- Variable-capacity cooling means that the compressor can adjust in small increments to respond to your temperature needs
- MHT™ technology for efficient heat transfer with rifled tubing and lanced coil fins
- When using a variable-speed furnace, you can increase the 20 SEER rating of the air conditioner
- Heavy-duty compressor blanket quiets the operational noise so that your outdoor entertaining is not disrupted
The Pro Series™ 4SCU20LX is the best model of the Armstrong line of air conditioners. It features a lot of user-friendly options with the Comfort Sync thermostat. You can have weather, energy-savings and temperature control in the palm of your hand with your phone. Armstrong has also added noise dampening effects as well as good construction in order to increase the longevity of your unit with mold-killing technology, painted panels, and swept wing fan blades.
More Key Features
- Raised coil to keep it from getting dirty and clogging airflow
- Microban®️ protection on the drain pan to stop mold and bacteria from growing
- Polyester paint over galvanized steel to stop rust and deterioration
- External gauge ports for quick and easy service calls
- Swept wing fan blades for durability and sound control
The 4SCU20LX is covered by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year limited warranty on parts when you register your unit within 60 days of installation. You’re still covered by a default 5-year limited warranty if that’s not the case. You’re also able to purchase an extended warranty as well if you wish.
Comparable Models by Armstrong
Model Comparison by Price - Armstrong 4SCU20LX versus Armstrong 4SCU16LE
The 4SCU16LE is a single-stage unit with a lower SEER of 16. It has a compressor blanket to reduce noise but it does not have the swept-wing fan design. Both units use MHT™ technology and have filter driers to keep out contaminants. Painted panels ensure that the unit is durable and weather resistant, and rounded corners make it more aesthetically pleasing. Both units have a high pressure switch to avoid unsafe pressures in the refrigerant.
Model Comparison by Features - Armstrong 4SCU20LX versus Armstrong 4SCU16LS
The 4SCU16LS is a good model that has some of the same features. It has a lower SEER rating of 16 and is a two-stage rather than a variable speed compressor. However, both units have Comfort Sync technology that lets you adjust your temperature with an app and get alerts about maintenance. The 4SCU20LX however has a swept-fan blade design to be more efficient and reduce noise. Both units are covered by the same warranty.