Armstrong 4SCU16LE Review
SEER:Up to 16
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$3500 - $5500
The 4SCU16LE is a great investment in air conditioners to cool your home while saving you money on energy bills. It is a single-stage unit that has a 16 SEER and it’s packed with technologies to make your job as a homeowner less tedious. This unit is designed to be durable and has features that protect itself from dangerous operation that could damage the air conditioner.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3500 - $5500
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- SEER rating of 16
- Single-stage compressor
- Microban®️ protection
The Bottom Line
The 4SCU16LE by Armstrong is an efficient model that can help keep energy costs down. It’s an ENERGY STAR® certified unit, so it is reliable in saving money. This unit is dependable when you need it to work hard to cool your home and keep a consistently comfortable environment. The design features in the 4SCU16LE ensure that your unit lasts years and operates safely with your comfort in mind.
Armstrong 4SCU13LE Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- MHT™ technology that features rifled tubing in the coil and lanced coil fins to help transfer heat and cool your home more efficiently
- Microban®️ protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria and mold through an antibacterial agent in the drain pan
- When paired with a variable-speed furnace, you may be able to exceed the 16 SEER rating
- Heavy-duty compressor blanket that dampens the operational noise from the unit working to cool your home
- Compressor protection that uses high- and low-pressure switches to stop undesirable operation that could damage the unit
- High-temperature protection is included so the motor doesn’t overload
- Filter drier is included but not installed to make installation flexible depending on your home
If you’re looking for an air conditioner that is quiet, efficient and has a ton of safety features, then the Armstrong 4SCU16LE is a good contender. It has fail-safes for dangerous temperature and pressure conditions so that it can keep running safely and reliably without causing damage to the unit. Servicing your unit is also an easy task with controls designed for quick access. Though this unit may have a higher upfront cost, you’re likely to recoup your investment when your energy bills are lowered.
More Key Features
- External gauge ports for quick and easy service calls
- Baked polyester paint over steel panels to protect against rust
- Raised coil stops debris from collecting and disrupting the flow of air
The Armstrong 4SCU16LE is covered by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year limited warranty on parts, once you register within 60 days. If you don’t, the default 5-year limited warranty applies. However, you’re also eligible to purchase an extended warranty if you want.
Comparable Models by Armstrong
Model Comparison by Price - Armstrong 4SCU16LE versus Armstrong 4SCU13LE
The main difference between these two models is the efficiency level. The 4SCU13LE has a lower SEER rating of 14 and is not ENERGY STAR certified. However, both units feature a single-stage compressor, baked polyester paint over galvanized steel for endurance and a compressor sound blanket to reduce noise. The warranties that cover each model are the same.
Model Comparison by Features - Armstrong 4SCU16LE versus Armstrong 4SCU14LB
The 4SCU14LB has a lot of the good qualities that the 4SCU16LE has. The 4SCU14LB has the same 16 SEER rating, and is ENERGY STAR certified. Both units use MHT™ technology to remove heat from your home, and integrated compressor protection to stop the unit from reaching unsafe pressure levels. However, the 4SCU14LB does not have a compressor sound blanket so it is a bit louder than the 4SCU16LE when operating.
Model Comparison by Tier - Armstrong 4SCU16LE versus Armstrong 4SCU16LS
The 4SCU16LS is a step above the 4SCU16LE. Though both units have a 16 SEER rating and are ENERGY STAR certified, the 4SCU16LS uses a two-stage compressor that allows it to run at a lower capacity to fill your cooling needs rather than stay at constant 100% capacity. However, both units have a compressor sound blanket, use MHT™ technology and have Microban®️ protection.