When purchasing a central air conditioning system from your local HVAC supplier it is important to factor in the cost of installing the system. Due to the complexity of a central A/C unit, installation should only be completed by a recognized HVAC professional. Attempting to self-install may result in a system that does not function properly, could potentially damage your home, and in most cases would void any type of warranty issued by the manufacturer.
Our Certified Local Partners who will ensure your air conditioner is installed and performing correctly. Before calling, it is a good idea to note:
- The type and size of building (square feet) you would like to cool
- Current type of heating and cooling system, and roughly how old it is
- Any type of restrictions that may make installing the equipment difficult (ie. landscaping)
High-Efficiency A/C Pricing
The price of a new air conditioner can vary depending mostly on size and brand. The average A/C unit cost in Oakville, Ontario ranges from: $3000 to $5,500 (including installation).
Established heating & cooling contractors will typically have a consumer financing partner, allowing customers to easily pay for their new central air conditioner over a period of months or years, with flexible payments.
Checklist for Hiring an HVAC Contractor
When it’s time to hire an HVAC contractor to install your air conditioning unit the task might seem daunting. Most people will either use someone a friend or family member has recommended, or resort to Google searching.
Either of these ways of finding a contractor works as long as you have completed your due diligence first before there is ever an exchange of money, or signing of work contract. We have put together a list of some of the items you should be checking before proceeding with any contractor.
NOTE: To save you time, our Certified Local Partners have already completed this type of extensive verification so you don’t have to!
- Look up the HVAC contractor online and read any reviews, speak with friends/family members/work colleagues to see if there is any information available-word of mouth can be a powerful tool for confirming reliability and quality of work
- Ask for a cost estimate and timeline for the work to be completed, sometimes this may involve a visit to your home or building so the contractor can see specific site conditions
- Ensure the HVAC company you hire to install your air conditioner supplies licensed A/C technicians to do the work
- Question the company to see if the work is subcontracted, sometimes companies act as facilitators and may not be directly involved with the work at all
- Request a copy of the HVAC contractor’s liability insurance–in case there is any damage to your property, or if an accident occurs that is a result of the air conditioner installation, you should not be liable
- Sign a contract that details the scope of work to be completed, the anticipated schedule, and the amount of money you are being charged for the work, request a copy
- Verify that your HVAC contractor is a member of a professional society such as HRAI (Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada)
Oakville, Ontario is halfway in-between Toronto and Hamilton and is a part of the Greater Toronto Area. Situated on the shores of Lake Ontario, it is a one-hour drive from the U.S. border. Oakville boasts that half of the population of the United States and Canada are all within 800 kilometers of this exciting city. With over 1400 ha of parklands, 150 km of trails, and 200 parks it is easy to see why it’s considered to be one of the Top 5 must-see destinations in the GTA. Summer can bring some warmer days to Oakville with the thermometer dipping above 30 degrees regularly. Mixed with high humidity levels some days can feel scorching. Air conditioning is a necessity to get through the hot summer months. To find out how you can stay cool contact a local HVAC provider.
Oakville/Halton Hills & Surrounding Areas