Napoleon 9700 Review
AFUE:Up to 97%
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$5,160 - $6,000
BTU Output:39,000 - 116,000
The Napoleon 9700 Series gas furnace is a workhorse that offers the most energy-efficient functioning and meets all your residential heating needs. It is a two-stage system that creates very comfortable and consistent levels of heating in all areas of your home.
In this furnace, the blower operates at 60% in the first stage for most months in the year which means you enjoy an 80% reduction in electrical consumption, compared to traditional motors. If you are looking for a highly efficient furnace in a median price range, the Napoleon 9700 Series gas furnace is a great choice.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $5,160 - $6,000
- AFUE rating of 97-97.1%
- BTU input is 40,000-120,000
- BTU output is 39,000-116,000
- Has Napoleon’s WHISPER QUIET™ operation
- Compatible with a smart thermostat system
The Bottom Line
The Napoleon 9700 Series is an amazingly efficient system with an ENERGY STAR ® rating. If you are looking for an economical, mid-range furnace this is the one to opt for. It’s quiet, extremely energy efficient and built to provide years of trouble-free service.
Napoleon 9700 Series
- Interfaces with other home comfort products with simple plug-in connections
- The furnace is less than 33” tall making it a compact piece that can fit in tight spaces.
- Corrosion-resistant burner which perfectly shapes the flame cone, providing maximum flame efficiency
Other Key Features
- Commercial Grade Titanium Alloy /409 SS Triple-Pass Heat Exchanger
- On the continuous fan speed, the furnace’s motor consumes only 60-80 watts in comparison to the 400 watts of a standard motor. This brings down the electrical consumption by up to 80%
- WHISPER QUIET™ operation
- Sound Reducing, Insulated, Durable Cabinet
- The heat exchanger’s design has a controlled wrinkle-bend that creates tubes with no weak areas and a consistent thickness.
- The cabinet has built-in LED lights fixtures in the lower & upper sections that get switched on automatically when the cabinet door is opened.
- Patented SureView burner system that allows a view of the furnace’s flames in operation.
- Efficient triple-pass tubular design with a large surface area that maximises heat transfer
- SS heat recovery coil
This furnace offers a lifetime heat exchanger warranty. There is a 15-year unit replacement warranty on the heat exchanger and a 10-year limited warranty on the parts.
Comparable Models by Napoleon
Model Comparison by Features
The Napoleon 9700 has a higher AFUE of 97-97.1% compared to the 95% of the 9600E Series. Both these gas furnaces have a dual stage function which significantly improves their energy-efficiency, with no compromise on heating function, right through the year. Both the furnaces are compatible with smart thermostat technology and have the WHISPER QUIET™ patented technology that makes them amazingly quiet. Both these systems have HomeShield’s UV technology which helps purify the air before it is circulated to various areas of your home. Both, the Napoleon 9700 and the 9600E are mid-range systems that offer excellent energy-efficiency making them ideal for your home heating needs.