American Standard Gold S9V2 Review
AFUE:Up to 96%
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Burner Type:Dual Stage
Blower Type:Variable Speed
Price:$4,585 - $5,670
BTU Output:38,800 - 116,400
In order to help homeowners shop for furnaces and air conditioners, we developed our own proprietary algorithms which weigh a range of criteria and factors to provide an easy-to-compare grade (e.g. B-, A+, etc).
Warranty Grade: It can be difficult to know which brands and models offer the best warranty coverage, particularly because a lot of the key details are hidden in dense warranty documents filled with hard to understand legalese. Thankfully for you, we’ve carefully studied them and created this grading system to account for things like the length AND quality of their guarantee, coverage restrictions and more!
Overall Grade: This grade weighs key factors like efficiency, ENERGY STAR certification, comfort, noise level (for A/Cs), our warranty grade, and more.
Get instant access by creating a FREE account in seconds! (Plus get all these extra benefits)
Or Log In here
The Gold S9V2 is a dual-stage, two-speed gas furnace manufactured with quality and attention to detail. It’s a model built with American Standard’s award-winning excellence that is sure to bring comfortable heating to your home.
In A Nutshell
Average Price (installed): $4,585 - $5,670
Manufactured with American Standard’s innovation, here are some of the model’s top features:
- Compatible with American Standard’s AccuClean technology that provides superior filtration of allergens in your home.
- Its durable hot surface igniter is electronic, safe, and efficient. It eliminates the need for the older fuel-burning pilot lights.
- A variable-speed ECM blower motor with Comfort-R technology provides the model with more efficient speed and greater humidity control during cooling.
The Bottom Line
A mid-range furnace with great features, the Gold S9V2 is a reliable model that can provide your home with efficient and comfortable heating. American Standard’s product warranties mean you can enjoy the Gold S9V2 for years.
In Depth Review
- Sub-models available: S9V2B040U3, S9V2B060U3, S9V2B060U4, S9V2B080U3, S9V2B080U4, S9V2C080U5, S9V2C100U4, S9V2C100U5, S9V2D120U5, S9V2B040D3, S9V2B060D3, S9V2B080D3, S9V2B080D4, S9V2C100D4, S9V2C100D5, S9V2D120D5
- ENERGY STAR ® certified: No
- AFUE: 96%
- BTU input: 40,000-120,000
- BTU output: 38,800- 116,400
Other notable features of the Gold S9V2 include:
- A two-stage gas valve that results in greater efficiency. It uses the right amount of fuel for its dual stages, providing you with comfortable heating with lower, longer run times and fewer temperature swings.
- A secondary heat exchanger means the extraction and production of more heat when you need it.
- The Vortica II blower provides quiet and efficient heating
- A stainless-steel primary heat exchanger that can withstand high temperatures and built to resist corrosion. It’s efficient at heat transfer and improves airflow efficiency.
- The heavy steel insulated cabinet is durable, and its quiet design holds more heat, so the model can better warm your home.
- Multi-port in-shot burners maximize heating while using less fuel
- A two-speed draft inducer enhances efficiency, comfort, and reliability by working seamlessly with the two-stage gas valve.
- A 96% AFUE rating means you’re getting your money’s worth of efficient heating.
The Gold S9V2 gas furnace comes with a 10-year limited warranty on internal functional parts. It also comes with a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger, so if a problem were to arise with it, you will receive a replacement free of charge. Optional extended warranties are also available.
American Standard offers you a lineup of reliable and efficient furnaces from which to choose. Our website can help you with selecting a furnace by providing you with detailed reviews. Here are some models comparable to the Gold S9V2.
Mid-range- Gold 95v: At the same price, you can pick up the Gold 95v furnace. It contains all the great features of the Gold S9V2. The bonus is that some of the Gold 95v models are ENERGY STAR certified, with up to a 97% AFUE that can save you more money and help reduce your carbon footprint.
Economy-tier- Silver 95 natural gas furnaces: At a lower price, you may choose to opt for the Silver 95 furnace models. While missing out on some of the Gold S9V2’s features, the Silver 95 models can still provide your home with reliable and efficient heating with an excellent %AFUE rating of up to 95.
Premium-tier- Platinum 95 natural gas furnaces: If you’re ok with spending more for added features and benefits, then the Platinum 95 furnaces are worth a look. The models have a %AFUE of up to 97.3, and some are ENERGY STAR certified. They also come with American Standard’s AccuLink technology, granting you the ability to monitor it remotely.