Amana ACEC96 Review
- AFUE:Up to 96%
- ENERGY STAR ®:ENERGY STAR
- Burner Type:Dual Stage
- Blower Type:Variable Speed
- Warranty Score:B+
- Overall Grade:A-
- Price:$4,500 - $5,500
- BTU Output:38,400 - 96,000
A two-stage, multi-speed gas furnace, the Amana ACEC96 is a unit that comes with a stainless-steel, tubular heat exchanger and promises high-efficiency performance. It can also come with a lifetime warranty protection plan as well as a ten-year warranty on parts, depending on your area.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4,500 - $5,500
- A sound-isolated blower assembly and heavy-gauge steel cabinet means it operates very quietly, letting you enjoy comfortable heating noise-free.
- Offers a lifetime warranty
- A Multi-speed ECM motor that adjusts airflow during moderate demand, and reduces energy consumption
The Bottom Line
As a mid-range unit, the ACEC96 comes with a great warranty and useful features at a good price. Its ENERGY STAR certification means you’ll be saving money in the long run and reducing your ecological footprint.
In Depth Review
ENERGY STAR certified: Yes
BTU input: 40,000 - 100,000
BTU output: 38,400 - 96,000
Sub-models available: 0403BNA, 0603BNA, 0803BNA, 1005CNA
Other notable features
- 96% AFUE
- A high percentage AFUE means you’ll be converting 96 cents of every energy dollar into heat for your home.
- Self-Diagnostic Control Board
- The ACEC96 monitors itself continuously, ensuring reliable operation for years to come. Should a problem arise, the unit will give you feedback through a flashing LED.
- Two-Stage Gas Valve
- Reduces the energy needed when operating in moderate demand. This means a higher efficiency and a reduced energy bill for you.
- Durable 110-Volt Silicon Nitride Igniter
- Means there’s no need for those energy-wasting pilot lights
- Heavy-Gauge Steel Cabinet
- Highly durable protection that is resistant to corrosion and will safeguard the essential components of your unit
- Thermally Insulated Cabinet
- Being fully insulated means that your unit can maximize heat transfer efficiency while lowering blower noise
Should the heat exchanger ever fail, Amana will provide you with a new furnace at no cost. The ten-year limited warranty applies to all parts of the furnace, so should any part stop functioning, you can receive a replacement. Extended service plans are also available.
Amana is a trusted brand with lots of high-quality furnaces to choose from. Be sure to check out our website for details on other Amana models. If you’re looking for comparable models to look at, here are some.
Comparable Mid-Range Furnace: ACVC96
With a 96% AFUE rating and similar features, the ACVC96 is a solid and reliable unit. The added bonus it has over the ACEC96 is its integration with Amana’s ComfortBridge and CoolCloud technology. These two features give the unit a technological edge in gathering data to make automatic adjustments and enabling qualified technicians to diagnose the system quickly and accurately.
A Step Above: ACVM97
If you’re considering spending more and venturing into the premium range tier of furnaces from Amana, then the ACVM97 is a good option to consider. With an excellent 97% AFUE rating, you’ll be saving more money and getting a higher efficiency. The ACVM97 also features Amana’s ComfortBridge and CoolCloud technology, so the unit can provide you with comfortable heating and quick diagnostics should any issues arise.
Lower Price: ACSS92
At a lower price you can have the ACSS92 installed in your home and still get great benefits. The model’s 92% AFUE still means you’re getting a high-efficiency unit that provides you with comfortable heating. It does, however, lack certain features the ACEC96 has, such as a self-diagnostic control panel and a multi-speed ECM motor.
Founded in 1934, Amana has over eight decades of furnace experience. They are well-known for their top of the line service and technology, and for their lead role in the field of innovation. They are dedicated to serving customers across Canada and providing them with high-quality products.