Continental 14 SEER Review
SEER:Up to 14
ENERGY STAR ®:No
Price:$2800 - $4500
The Continental 14 SEER air conditioner offers Canadians a middle-of-the-line cooling system for their homes. With a cooling capacity of 18,800 BTU/h, this model is great for those Canadian homeowners that are looking for reliability.
With one of the highest quality filter driers in the industry, the Emerson EK, the Continental 14 SEER air conditioner guarantees a long-lasting and effective performance. Meanwhile, the unit's environmentally conscious R-410A refrigerant helps to bring superior cooling to your home.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2800 - $4500
- A SEER performance rating of up to 14
- High-efficiency single-stage Copeland Scroll™ compressor
- The Emerson EK filter drier extends unit life by removing unwanted particles and contaminants
The Bottom Line
The Continental 14 SEER air conditioner is able to deliver consistent cooling comfort throughout your entire home. With superior micro-channel condenser coils, the compact unit can offer more efficient usage of its refrigerant.
Continental 14 SEER Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-Stage
- The unique swept-shaped blade construction promises enhanced air distribution while remaining whisper quiet
- A compact all-aluminum micro-channel coil allows for smaller unit size
- The deep venturi design provides more efficient airflow
Superior sound reduction is one area of strong focus for the Continental range of air conditioner products. The brand achieves this through their use of high-quality components, such as the swept fan blades, the high-efficiency Copeland Scroll™ compressor, and a permanently lubricated PSC motor.
Other Key Features
- An accessible motor assembly guarantees quick and easy service calls
- The unit’s prompt start-up avoids excessive noise levels
- The powder coated cabinet panels promise long-term durability
- The Copeland Scroll™ compressor offers quiet operation with minimal vibrations
Similar to the full range of Continental air conditioners, the 14 SEER unit has a comprehensive warranty coverage. Not only does this give Canadian homeowners peace of mind, but it demonstrates the brand's full confidence in their product. The coverage includes a limited 10-year compressor protection warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Continental
Model Comparison by Features
In terms of available features, the Continental 14 SEER air conditioner offers many of the same qualities as the rest of the brand's high-efficiency cooling systems. The main difference between the 14 SEER unit and the superior 16 SEER unit is that the latter offers Canadian homeowners a higher cooling capacity of 19,100 BTU/h.
Model Comparison by Price
The Continental 14 SEER air conditioner is able to deliver effective cooling distribution for almost any Canadian home. Thanks to its reasonable price as a mid-range option among Continental's air conditioners, the unit is great for those Canadians who are seeking a high-quality system that won't break the bank.
Model Comparison by Tier
As stated above, the Continental 14 SEER air conditioner is the midmost option from the brand's range of systems. However, seeing as Continental doesn't prioritize their air conditioning products by tier, this 14 SEER model receives the same range of high-quality features and components as the 16 SEER unit.