Armstrong 4SCU13LB Review
SEER:Up to 14
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$2800 - $4500
Cooling Capacity:13,400 to 56,000
This Armstrong air conditioner is a good model to keep your home consistently cool. It has a SEER rating of 14 and uses a single-stage compressor to provide cool air throughout your environment. Durable and efficient, the 4SCU13LB has features to maintain the longevity of your unit with protection from the elements, bacteria and debris.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $2800 - $4500
- Single-stage compressor
- Microban®️ Protection
- SEER rating of 14
The Bottom Line
The 4SCU13LB is a good value model if you’re looking for consistent and affordable cooling. MHT™ technology means that you get efficient cooling and heat transfer. This unit is reliable and has a few features that improve the longevity of your air conditioner so that you can expect years and years of service.
Armstrong 4SCU13LB Specifications:
- Compressor type: Single-stage
- Raised coil and aluminum fins that efficiently disperse heat and resist debris
- MHT™ technology that transfers heat, lanced fins that increase the contact between metal and air
- When paired with a variable-speed furnace, SEER rating can be increased
- Scroll compressor that is built to last for years to come
- Microban®️ protection that stops bacteria from growing in the drain pan
- Service valves that are easily positioned for fast installation and service calls
Armstrong’s 4SCU13LB is a good value air conditioner since it’s affordable and reliable to cool your home. For Canadian summers, a 14 SEER unit like this one is perfectly adequate to meet the requirements you have. Features that ensure the lifespan are great touches, so with a little maintenance, you’ll be able to keep your unit running for summers to come. Bacterial protection and pressure safety measures are standard for this model.
More Key Features
- High-pressure switch to stop the refrigerant from exceeding safe pressures
- Compressor is mounted on grommets to reduce noise from the operation
- Louvered panel that removes with only two screws
The Armstrong warranty is a fairly standard warranty for the industry. The 4SCU13LB is backed by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year limited warranty on parts as long as you register within 60 days of installation. If not, you get the default 5-year limited warranty. There are also extended warranties available for extra coverage.
Comparable Models by Armstrong
Model Comparison by Features - Armstrong 4SCU13LB versus Armstrong 4SCU13LE
The Armstrong 4SCU13LE is similar to the 4SCU13LB, in the sense that it has a 14 SEER rating as well, uses MHT™ technology and is a single-stage air conditioner unit. The 4SCU13LE however, has a compressor sound blanket in order to minimize noise further and it also has a sealed contactor. Both units maintain a consistent temperature and are energy efficient when you upgrade from an older unit.
Model Comparison by Tier - Armstrong 4SCU13LB versus Armstrong 4SCU14LB
These models are fairly similar, both feature a single-stage compressor, MHT™ technology, Microban®️ protection and compressor protection that prevents the unit from reaching unsafe pressure levels. However, both units also lack a compressor blanket to dampen noise and the 4SCU14LB has a SEER rating of 16. The warranties are also the same on both models, and are able to be extended if you want.