Tempstar Air Conditioner Repair Guide 2019
(Updated for 2019)
Our useful Tempstar air conditioner repair guide will teach you about troubleshooting common issues, replacing your air filter, and more.
Please note, the following is for informational purposes only. Any servicing you attempt is at your own risk.
Tempstar, At a Glance
Offering Canadian consumers a wide range of premium, mid-range, and try-level air conditioners, the Tempstar is a brand known for delivering high-quality heating and cooling systems. Many of the brand’s products can boast ENERGY STAR certification thanks to their expertly engineered design and a solid selection of internal components.
However, should your high-efficiency Tempstar air conditioner begin to experience performance issues, this guide will help you troubleshoot whatever the problem might be.
One simple maintenance practice that can lengthen the life of your air conditioner significantly is to replace the unit’s air filter regularly. Not only will this guarantee that your Tempstar air conditioner is functioning at its best, but it’ll also increase the quality of your home’s air tenfold.
How to Replace Your Tempstar Air Filter
To properly replace your Tempstar air filter, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power to your air conditioning system
- Open the access panel to your unit
- Locate the air filter. Traditionally, it can be found in or near the unit’s return air duct
- Slide the filter out of the slot that holds it in place
- Clean the filter if it’s reusable or grabs a new one if you’re using disposable filters.
- Insert the cleaned or new air filter into the same slot, ensure that all directional keys are pointing in the correct directions
- Replace the access panel to your Tempstar air conditioner
What’s Wrong With Your Tempstar Air Conditioner?
Remember to turn your A/C completely off before opening it up to look around or attempt any fix.
On the other hand, if the condenser fan starts but the compressor doesn’t, your unit may be low on refrigerant, or the compressor might be defective.
However, if the drop is significantly higher than what seems correct, you should check on the evaporator coil, air filter, or blower wheel, as these components might be dirty.
When to Get a Technician for Tempstar A/C Repairs
No matter how reliable of an air conditioning system you have, it’ll inevitably require some maintenance at one point or another. Should this happen, it’s never a bad idea to reach out to local certified HVAC technician to take a look. Although it may cost you some money, it’s important that your Tempstar air conditioner is operating properly to ensure long-term durability.
Who to Call For Tempstar Air Conditioner Repairs
Online consumer reviews are a great resource, to begin with when seeking out a local heating and cooling company. They can provide you with a cursory understanding of the business’ available service and potential price points. However, it’s important to remember these reviews aren’t without bias and can’t be trusted fully when it comes to picking an actual technician.
So, how can you be certain that the company you choose is right for you? We can help!
We’ve created an independent HVAC contractor certification program that you can use to find a certified partner. We ensure that the business has a proven track record of success as well as proof of insurance so that you can make an informed decision that you’ll be happy with for years to come.
Tempstar’s Warranty Coverage
Tempstar offers Canadian homeowners comprehensive warranty coverage that scales depending on the level of your investment. However, it’s important to remember that the company who did your unit’s initial installation may also provide you with some coverage. Tempstar’s manufacturer coverage includes:
- Deluxe Series air conditioners receive a limited 10-year No Hassle Replacement™ warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
- QuietComfort® Series units offer either a limited 5-, 3-, or 1-year No Hassle Replacement™ warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
- Performance Series models receive a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
➤ Protect your Tempstar air conditioner: Register and access your Tempstar A/C warranty here
Get Quick FREE Quotes From Respected Local Distributors &