Amana AMSS96 Review
- AFUE:Up to 96%
- Burner Type:Single Stage
- Blower Type:Variable Speed
- Warranty Score:B+
- Overall Grade:B-
- Price:$4,500 - $5,500
- BTU Output:38,400 - 115,200
The AMSS96 is a single-stage multi-speed gas furnace that is manufactured for quiet comfort and energy efficiency. With great features that ensure comfortable heating, it can be a great choice for your home.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4,500 - $5,500
Already known for their innovation, Amana has manufactured the AMSS96 with some top-of-the-line features.
- A stainless-steel tubular primary heat exchanger that enhances the unit’s reliability, durability, and efficiency
- Efficient and quiet multi-speed circulator means quiet startup and shutdown
- Comes with Amana’s lifetime unit replacement and 10-year limited warranty on parts
The Bottom Line
A solid mid-range furnace with a good warranty and great features, the AMSS96 can provide your home with comfortable heating for years. Its 96% AFUE rating means a high efficiency that can save you money.
In Depth Review
ENERGY STAR certified: No
BTU input: 40,000 - 120,000
BTU output: 38,400 - 115,200
Sub-models available: 0402BNA, 0603BNA, 0803BNA,
0804CNA, 0805CNA, 1005CNA, 1205DNA
Other notable features of the AMSS96 that make it a reliable model include:
- A durable silicon nitride igniter that eliminates the need for the older energy-wasting pilot lights
- A quiet, single-speed, induced-draft blower means precise control for you, and enhanced energy efficiency
- Continuous air circulation that provides added filtration and constant air movement throughout your home for higher comfort
- A self-diagnostic control board that monitors your system to ensure reliable operation. Diagnostic codes are stored in memory and can alert you through LED for quick troubleshooting
- A heavy-gauge steel cabinet provides the unit with corrosion resistance and protection for essential parts
- A thermally insulated cabinet means maximized heat transfer efficiency and a lower blower noise
- A 96% AFUE means you’re getting comfortable heating for your money’s worth
The AMSS96 comes with Amana’s ten-year limited warranty on all functional parts, so in the event a component is malfunctioning, your wallet will be protected. The model also comes with a lifetime unit replacement warranty that guarantees the replacement of the unit should its heat exchanger fail.
With so many models to choose from, Amana offers you a range of furnaces for your home. Our website can provide you with the details on the company’s fleet of products. Here are some comparable models from the various tiers.
Entry Level Efficiency: the AMSS92
With an over 90% AFUE, the AMSS92 is the economy-tier variation of the AMSS96. For a lower price, you get a highly efficient furnace with some of Amana’s innovative features, like a durable heat exchanger and diagnostic control board. However, the AMSS92 also lacks certain features of the AMSS96 and other mid-range furnaces.
Mid-Range Comparable: the AMEC96
A high-efficiency two stage multi speed gas furnace, the AMEC96 can offer you the same excellent AFUE but with an ENERGY STAR certification. It possesses similar features to the AMSS96, with a quiet, two-speed, induced-draft blower and stainless-steel heat exchanger. Its dual stage heating means a high and low setting that adjusts to your home’s heating needs.
Premium Range Upgrade: the AMVM97
An ENERGY STAR certified furnace with a 98% AFUE means you’re getting the maximum heating for your money. It has all the features of the AMSS96 and more, with Amana’s CoolCloud and ComfortBridge technology. These innovations give the AMVM97 a constant monitoring of performance to make adjustments and enable qualified technicians to take quick and accurate diagnosis. If you’re looking to spend more, then the AMVM97 is worth looking into.